We got an excellent welcome from the receptionist (always important, but does not always happen), who when she noticed my wife used a stick immediately offered to change our room. Lunch by the pool was excellent quality and value. This was the only time we had to give our room number as all the waiting staff seemed to know it after this. The main restaurant has an excellent menu and pages of superb local wines. In summer, you can eat on the terrace.
The room was large, comfortable and well maintained. The 30m outdoor pool was perfect, with good towel service. It had a bar for daytime or early evening drinks.
When we stayed in September, the hotel had significantly reduced its rates, and the best rate appeared on their web site rather than through agencies, which always seems sensible.
The hotel is circa 2 miles from Lucca, so is convenient for sightseeing.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Principessa Hotel Lucca
- Villa La Principessa Hotel
- Hotel La Principessa
- La Principessa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa La Principessa is an elegant hotel with private park and swimming pool, surrounded by the hills around Lucca. All rooms are air-conditioned and bright.The historic centre of Lucca is 3 km from Villa La Principessa, formerly a noble residence.La Principessa's restaurant serves traditional recipes and Tuscan wines.The sun terrace and the garden offer panoramic views of the countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Villa La Principessa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.