We stayed here for the first 2 nights of our visit to Tuscany-we used Tripmaster to gauge other guests views-this is now a standard practise when looking for good hotels etc.I suppose you could describe the Villa as shabby-chic.-a few stains and chipped paintwork here and there but not off putting in the least.The room was large with lovely bed,great bathroom with large tub and plenty of hot water as well as good products for skin and hair.In room safe and fully stocked fridge was nice-still would like tea/coffee available in room-especially first thing in the morning.Pool area is beautiful -some people braved the cool water and seemed to enjoy that-pool closes mid Sept.American bar was nice to get drinks before and after dinner.Took dinner the first evening in the elegant white dining room-very expensive-but its nice to treat yourselves now and then.Food was first class as was the wine and professional served throughout.
Beakfast is served both inside or out depending on weather permitting.Buffet style with variety to suit all nationalities-US/French/German/Italian and Uk.
Lucca was once a bit of a secret but now is firmly on the Tourist Trail-do not miss this Tuscan Gem-we took in a recital of Music by Motzart and Puccini in a beautiful church behind Place di Napolean -Puccini was born in Lucca and is much celebrated in the town.Just across from the Villa is a Patisserie /Icecream place where we enjoyed the best coffee and cakes etc on our entire stay-the price was very reasonable as it is mainly locals who use it-a great little find.
- Also Known As:
- Villa La Principessa Hotel Lucca
- Villa La Principessa Hotel
- Hotel La Principessa
- La Principessa Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Villa La Principessa is an elegant hotel with private park and swimming pool, surrounded by the hills around Lucca. All rooms are air-conditioned and bright.The historic centre of Lucca is 3 km from Villa La Principessa, formerly a noble residence.La Principessa's restaurant serves traditional recipes and Tuscan wines.The sun terrace and the garden offer panoramic views of the countryside. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Venere, Priceline, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your Villa La Principessa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.