First time travellers to Lucca/Italy, we stayed at Alla Corte Degli Angeli after reading all the positive recommendations on this site. We arrived to Lucca by car for a wonderful 2 night stay. After a few trips around the city walls, we eventually found our way in and had no trouble following the directions to the hotel. We were immediately met by friendly staff who took our luggage to our room and parked our car in the safe and secure private parking lot ($15e). We had a wonderful big room, that was very nicely decorated, had great bathroom and was very clean. The location was perfect, close to the tourist office, bike rentals, main square, shopping and restaurants. There is a nice lounge area with a computer available for use. Every morning we were welcomed to large breakfast area with a large selection of food. The train station is a short walk away for day trips to Cinque Terre. Sadly, we didn't make the day trip and opted to spend some time enjoying this incredible walled medieval city. There is an amazing path all along the top of the wall that surrounds the city and has great views. We highly recommend taking some time to rent bikes and see all the great things Lucca has to offer. Overall, this b & b really helped make a fantastic honeymoon to Italy and look forward to returning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I would like to add information for all the customers that book to our hotel,because cause the limit traffic zone there are a lot of mistake and trouble, so I would like to add in the form confirmation or straight away in the hotel's information, the right route for to reach us. Below there are description in english and Italian.1) YOU CAN REACH THE HOTEL BY CAR You are allowed to get inside the walls from Santa Maria gate ONLY. As soon as you pass through the gate turn right taking Via della cavallerizza St. keep going straight on and you'll get into San Frediano Piazza where the church is, you mustgo all around this church untill you'll find Via cesare Battisti St. on your letf side. Get into via Cesare Battisti St. take the secondstreet on your left side wich is Via degli angeli St. Our staff will help you out with your luggage. HOTEL STAFF WILL TAKE THE PLATENUMBER OF YOUR CAR, that has to be send it to the police department and then they will show you where to park. YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYSAT THE FRONT DESK DURING ALL YOUR STAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Venere, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Alla Corte Degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Hotel Lucca
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Lucca