My partner and I stayed at Alla Corte Degli Angeli for 4 days on vacation during the last week of June. In a sentence, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay, and strongly recommend this hotel.
Alla Corte Degli Angeli has a central location inside the old city walls, in a quiet but charming alley just off the main shopping street, via Fillungo. All the major attractions are no more than 5-20 min walk away. Access to the avenue atop the old city walls that completely encircle Lucca is quite close by, adjacent to the old church of S Frediano. It took us 15 min to walk around the wall from the station for the Pisa airport bus to the hotel, although a taxi would be preferable if you have a lot of luggage. Also, there are several excellent restaurants within a 10 min walk of the hotel (some of which I have reviewed separately).
Our room 'Primula' - on the 2nd floor in the recently renovated part of the hotel - was spacious, clean and well furnished. The bed was comfortable, there was ample storage space, and the bathroom suite complete with jacuzzi and shower was excellent. Note that the hotel is situated in a very old building, and that means that the rooms (including the bathrooms) are somewhat oddly shaped; for us, adding to the charm. We found the room as quiet as could be expected given its location, and did not experience any problem with noise from the neighbouring restaurant mentioned by other reviewers.
The staff at the front desk - particularly Gabriella, Daniella and Rita - were pleasant and helpful, as were the staff in the breakfast room. The quality of the food at the continental breakfast buffet was satisfactory albeit unexceptional - particular highlights out of the ordinary being the self-service juicer for fresh oranges, and the fresh boiled eggs.
The hotel is a bit more expensive than others near by, but offers good value for the quality of the accommodation and the staff. Great choice for solos, couples or families with older children. Easy access to the bus station (or by taxi, the rail station) with convenient connections to Pisa and Firenze, making this a good 'base' if you don't wish to stay in a larger city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- I would like to add information for all the customers that book to our hotel,because cause the limit traffic zone there are a lot of mistake and trouble, so I would like to add in the form confirmation or straight away in the hotel's information, the right route for to reach us. Below there are description in english and Italian.1) YOU CAN REACH THE HOTEL BY CAR You are allowed to get inside the walls from Santa Maria gate ONLY. As soon as you pass through the gate turn right taking Via della cavallerizza St. keep going straight on and you'll get into San Frediano Piazza where the church is, you mustgo all around this church untill you'll find Via cesare Battisti St. on your letf side. Get into via Cesare Battisti St. take the secondstreet on your left side wich is Via degli angeli St. Our staff will help you out with your luggage. HOTEL STAFF WILL TAKE THE PLATENUMBER OF YOUR CAR, that has to be send it to the police department and then they will show you where to park. YOU MUST LEAVE YOUR CAR KEYSAT THE FRONT DESK DURING ALL YOUR STAY. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Venere, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Alla Corte Degli Angeli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Hotel Lucca
- Alla Corte Degli Angeli Lucca