Lucca Villino Franca in town A/C,garden/park.&WiFi

sitting place in the garden
the terrace in front of the house
part of the garden
the sofabed in the living area
Lucca
Rental Home –
2 Bedrooms, 1 Bathroom, Sleeps 5

Reviews from our community

Reviews from our community

Sambriell...
Medford, Oregon
“Nice remodeled town house near city walls in Lucca.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012 for a stay in September 2012
person found this review helpful

Two of us stayed at Villino Franco in Sept.2012. The home is a town house style, two bedroom, one bath room. It has been recently remodeled and is very clean. It is located a short distance from the old city walls. We rented bikes from Patrizia and rode them to town in about 10 minutes. Walking, it's about 30 minutes to the center of town.
The house is furnished with a queen bed in each bedroom. Be sure to check the beds for linens...the first night one did not have bed sheets. I asked Patrizia for them in the morning, and she was happy to provide them. The bedrooms are spacious, one has a sitting area.
Downstairs has a small living room furnished with a day bed and a small chair, end table, lamp, TV...all Italian channels. The kitchen table seats 4. The kitchen is out fitted with some basic supplies: Salt (no pepper), olive oil, balsalmic, sugar. There is a dishwasher and detergent, but curiously no liquid detergent to hand wash dishes.
Provided was one roll of toilet paper, one roll of paper towels, one garbage bag in each can. (We bought our own TP at the grocery store.) There is a clothes washer, but no laundry soap. No clothes dryer (typical for Italy) but no clothes line was evident, either.
I hung my wash on hangers to dry.
The neighborhood is residential and quiet, except for the owners large German Shepard guard dog right next door. He did what guard dogs do...bark loudly at anyone venturing near the front gate. Often. Bring your ear plugs.
The front garden & patio is nicely maintained with plantings, flowers and a small table, chairs & umbrella. The mosquitos made it hard to enjoy the patio. Patrizia provided some bug repellent sticks that you light to create smoke for out doors, and an indoor gizmo that plugged into the wall.
Overall, it was a clean & modern home. It was a bit farther to the city center than anticipated. Lucca is a lovely city. We enjoyed exploring. Do take the Vai Bus to Pisa. It's a short 30 minute ride through lovely villages and country side. You buy tickets ( cheap) at the S. Anna bus terminal.
Thank you, Patrizia & Renzo, for the use of your rental home.

4 of 5 stars How easy was it to book the property? 4 of 5 stars How helpful were the directions to the property?
4 of 5 stars Overall condition of the property 4 of 5 stars Bedding & mattresses
4 of 5 stars Kitchen & utensils 5 of 5 stars Bathroom cleanliness
4 of 5 stars Other facilities & amenities 4 of 5 stars Service
Liked best: Cleanliness.
Liked least: Barking dog next door.
Traveling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
People with pets
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
Oct 2, 2012
Thank you Cynthia for spending your time to write me a so kind review, I 'm glad that you enjoyed your stay in villino Franca and Lucca!
I would like to explain you the points that you highlight!
- About the bedrooms, notice that I prepared only one bedroom because, as you didn't ask for two separate bedrooms, I thought it was ok for you to sleep together.
- Why didn't you ask me about the TV? I could have showed you the pretty new flat screen digital Internet TV connected with more than 100 international channels.
- The kitchen table seats 6, since you were only 2 the other chairs were upstairs.
- What about the basic furnishing? As the house is rented in a self catering formula, it was my kindness to supply olive oil, balsamic, salt , sugar, tea, coffee, and a fresh bottle of Prosecco wine in the fridge for the welcome of the guests.
- A comfortable large IKEA clothes line was folded in the store room together with iron and iron board .
- You are right Cynthia , our dog Dark loves to bark specially when the postman arrives around 11/12 am but we are used to let him sleep inside our house every night and due to the summer heat he also loves to stay indoor during the afternoon.. So it shouldn't interfere with our guests sleep.
- What can I do against Mosquitos?
- As you also can assume from previous guests reviews to reach the city centre ( porta S.Anna) it takes less than 10 minutes walking, but as there are 6 different entrances to the old town, if you decide to enter Lucca centre from the opposite side, ( porta Elisa ) I agree that it can take also 30 minutes walking.
Look forward to meet you again, best wishes, Patrizia
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2012 for a stay in January 2012
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Management Response
Jan 14, 2012
Thank you indeed Susanna for your good words! It has been a pleasure for us to have had you and Terry here at our house and we look forward to meet you soon again! Patrizia and Monica
Hilde
$178
Night
Week
Month
Additional fees may be applied by owner
Owner
patrizia
Speaks English, French, Italian, German, Norwegian
Listed since : Oct 2010
Response Rate: 95 %
Response Time: Within a day
Calendar Updated: 19 days ago
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Listing is Free!
Protect your privacy
Get more exposure
Set up your free listing