Puccini e la sua Lucca International Permanent Festival
Improve this listing
Ranked #2 of 79 things to do in Lucca
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: The only festival dedicated to Giacomo Puccini in his native city, Lucca. And the only PERMANENT FESTIVAL in the world, with concerts and events every day of the year, at 19hrs.AND EVERY EVENING WITH VARIED PROFESSIONAL INTERPRETERS AND PROGRAMS For detailed information and programs, please visit our official website
bournemouth
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

We went to Puccini opera recital in Lucca a couple of nights ago it was amazing Soprano Melissa di Biasio Tenore Mattia Nebbiai and Pianoforte Diego Fiorini What a show the acoustics were unbelievable in this fantastic setting We met the performers outside they were so friendly and picked up by the director in his funky tartan mini It was my 14 year old nieces first experience of opera and she is still talking about it I recommend anyone goes whether you are a fan of opera or not it is only about an hour long and the setting in Lucca is so romantic it is hard not be moved by the atmosphere and of course the incredible talent thank you for an unforgettable experience

Brussels, Belgium
“Musical surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2014

I admit that when my wife and I reserved the tickets for this concert "Mozart and Puccini", my expectations were quite limited.
I hope this doesn't sound too snobbish, but being an opera fan, I was rather dreading a "tourist concert" with at best average singers and players.

I was proved wrong.

Not only was the Trio excellent (one Soprano, one baritone, and a piano player) , but because the seating arrangements in the church were quite intimate (musicians only a few feet away), our eyes and ears were exposed to the full effect of the performance, goosebumps guaranteed.

The programme contains a selection of Mozart's and Puccini's Arias, Duets and Intermezzos and takes about 60 minutes (with a short break). I can honestly say that the Soprano's rendition of Mozart's "Queen of the Night" was the best I have ever heard (and I have heard quite a few versions)

The only slight notch in the overall very good impression is that the piano player was not quite on key while accompanying in the beginning. This was improved however in the course of the concert and his solo pieces were very well played.

If you enjoy opera even the tiniest bit, then I would recommend that you take the time and invest the money to go see this concert.

London
4 attraction reviews
“Simply wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Wow wow wow! Best €20 spent ever on this fantastic concert. Great for opera lovers and those not so sure about opera (my husband). Just over an hour so perfect early evening experience in a breathtaking location then time for dinner. Wish I could come back every week!

Los Angeles, California
“Not to be missed - fun for non-opera lovers, too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My friends and I stumbled onto this wonderful attraction. The setting is impressive (inside the church where Puccini was an alter boy, if I recall correctly) and the acoustics are fantastic. There are different performances every night. We saw two sopranos with a pianist, and they were so talented and kept the songs moving at at good pace. We heard 10 songs in the hour's time. It was a highlight of our trip, and only one or two of us had ever attended operas - definitely not a prerequisite to go.

Evergreen, Colorado
22 attraction reviews
“Excellent for Opera and non-opera lovers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2014

A daily event that should not be missed by new comers and veterans to Lucca. The venue in one of Lucca's 99 churches creates one of best concert acoustics. Arrive early and make certain to get a seat in the front.