“A Wonderful and Tasty Surprise!” 5 of 5 stars

+39 0583 329970
Website
Improve this listing
More attraction details
Owner description: Italian Cooking School in Lucca, Tuscany, day classes as well as 7 day all inclusive programs with tours and field trips. Hotel rooms available in our apartments. Intensive cooking classes, 8 to 14 recipes per class, hands on cooking, include lunch and recipes in English. Classes also in Deutsch, Francais, Espanol. Classes: Main Ingredients and Sauces, Fish and seafood, Fresh Pasta and pasta sauce, pizza, focaccia and bread. Tuscan Cooking, Chef Paolo's favorite dishes. Fun classes, delicious dishes, easy to make recipes!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Easthampton, Massachusetts
“A Wonderful and Tasty Surprise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2011

We visited Chef Paolo Monti's cooking school in October with a group of 20 as part of a 10 day excursion through Tuscany. Our agent had booked another venue but last minute circumstances caused them to switch to Paolo Monti. We couldn't have been more lucky. It was quite possibly the highlight of the 10 days. We had a ball working with Chef Monti, we learned a lot, we laughed a lot, and we thoroughly enjoyed the fabulous food that he guided us in preparing, Interestingly, the men in the group may have enjoyed it even more than the women. Chef Monti is a master teacher and a wonderful entertainer. I couldn't recommend this more highly. Grazie mille, one more time, to the Chef!

Visited October 2011

• Hebrew first
perth
“A highlight of our holiday!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Learning to cook Italian cuisine was fun and informative. I think the combination of learning useful skills, plus enjoying the social interaction and eating our scrumptious products made it a highly worthwhile activity. It was also a contrast and a break to the sight seeing activity that many of us do when traveling. I'd have to say the Tiramisu was the best I have ever tasted, and I discovered how easy it is to make.

Visited July 2011
No California
“Highly Recommend Chef Paolo's Classes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

My friend and I took the Basic Sauces Class in October with two other women. We thoroughly enjoyed Chef Paolo's instruction and humor. We each participated in the preparation of the various dishes which were 4 appetizers, several pasta sauces from homemade tomato sauce & fresh tomatoes, chicken dish, lemon pork dish and tiramisu.
Class theme was "simple & fresh is better". Very interesting to taste several different olive oils. We enjoyed our meals in the lovely dining room with plenty of wine. I have since made a couple of the recipes at home which have become family favorites. I definitely recommend Chef Paolo's classes and hope to return again some day.

Visited October 2011
London
“One of the best experiences of our 4 month Europe Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2011

My husband and I did a one day Tuscan Cooking Class in December 2011. It was just us and one other student with Chef Paolo, and we had the most wonderful day. Chef Paolo is so lovely and friendly and helpful, not to mention hilarious! We so enjoyed making each course and learning all the hands on, practical techniques involved in Tuscan cooking. We will take the skills that we learnt with us into the kitchen for the rest of our lives. The four of us then got to enjoy a long leisurely lunch, enjoying all the delicious food we had made. The Tuscan Cooking Class was one of the major highlights of our 4-month trip around Europe! If we're ever in Tuscany again, I'm making a beeline for another of Chef Paolo's courses!

Visited December 2011
Southampton
4 attraction reviews
“Top notch cooking class and I still have all my fingers!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

I booked a Main Ingredients & Sauces class for my wife and I on 14th November 2011. The class was rather small (only 3 of us) as it was out of season. This is one of the advantages of Chef Paolo's school though, it's open all year round, if you want to learn he's happy to teach!

Chef Paolo is the most amiable chaps I've met, full of jokes, witty one liners and an enthusiasm for cooking (and teaching) that will have you hooked from first shaking hands until you finish cooking dessert.

Don't think you know tomato sauce until Chef Paolo's showed you. I was under the false impression that I was no beginner with Italian cooking but it seems I was wrong. The "basic" sauce recipes we were taught are the basis for many different meals and to be shown how to do them correctly was a privilege.

This course proved to be the best value for money thing I've ever done in Italy let alone in Lucca. Just don't rely on Google Maps to get you there, its about 2 miles further down the road!

Paul Smith