I stayed in May (I have just been converted
to doing reviews as I have found them so useful when booking other trips!).
My stay surpassed all my expectations and was definately 5 star. I was in need of some peace and quiet to recharge my batteries and have the space to make some big decisions. It definately delivered this.
Being a solo traveller on crutches I found the service just right - not 'in your face' but the staff recognised if I needed help. No access issues however a few steps.
The location, suite and food were truly unforgettable for all the right reasons.
I would recommend the opportunity to hone pasta making skills with the chef... great reviews from my diner guests!
The only adverse comment I would make is in relation to the small dining area - the weather changed while I was there so had two evenings eating alfresco which was great - however on the first night the restaurant felt very cramped.
Hopefully back next May
A big thank you to Marianne. Please pass my thanks to your team.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Villa Casanova Hotel Lucca
- Albergo Villa Casanova Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergo Villa Casanova is the result of a complete renovation of an 18th-century Tuscan farmhouse set in 360 acres of mixed woodland just ten minutes from Lucca. Newly reopened in December 2009, Albergo Villa Casanova is now a distinctive and relaxed, luxury boutique hotel with 14 incredibly spacious suites, restaurant, magnificent terraces, infinity swimming pool and tennis court. The valley of Lucca and the tower of Castello Nozzano can be viewed from the hotel and the area is ideal for walking, cycling and exploring the historical walled town of Lucca, home to Puccini. It's also a perfect location to just relax with a book and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Numerous festivals take place throughout the year. The world famous Puccini Festival takes place at the open-air theatre at Torre del Lago, a few Kilometres from the hotel. Albergo Villa Casanova has its own chapel (see section on Weddings) and several adjoining country houses, one of which dates back to the 15th century. The original owners were the Balbani family who later gave their name to the locality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Splendia, Jetsetter, Venere and Priceline so you can book your Albergo Villa Casanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.