The proprietors of this lovely villa are getting everything right. The rooms are beautifully appointed. The service is impeccable. We left feeling that we had been part of the family. The setting is gorgeous and there is plenty to do at the hotel (wine tasting, tennis, walking, horseback riding, a pizza making class, swimming, for example) as well as in the surrounding area. Lucca is a beautiful city with a wall around it which is wonderful for bike riding (on top of the wall, that is), as well as plenty of shops and restaurants. There are vineyards in the area as well. The hotel recommended Montechiari where we had an informative tour as well as a delicious lunch with plenty of wine for a reasonable price. We will go back to Albergo Villa Casanova, definitely! (Note that it is a little hard to find even with GPS so get specific directions from the hotel. But when we got ridiculously lost and arrived at 1 a.m., Adele, one of the owners was waiting for us and they served us wine and a charcuterie even at that hour!)
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Villa Casanova Hotel Lucca
- Albergo Villa Casanova Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergo Villa Casanova is the result of a complete renovation of an 18th-century Tuscan farmhouse set in 360 acres of mixed woodland just ten minutes from Lucca. Newly reopened in December 2009, Albergo Villa Casanova is now a distinctive and relaxed, luxury boutique hotel with 14 incredibly spacious suites, restaurant, magnificent terraces, infinity swimming pool and tennis court. The valley of Lucca and the tower of Castello Nozzano can be viewed from the hotel and the area is ideal for walking, cycling and exploring the historical walled town of Lucca, home to Puccini. It's also a perfect location to just relax with a book and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Numerous festivals take place throughout the year. The world famous Puccini Festival takes place at the open-air theatre at Torre del Lago, a few Kilometres from the hotel. Albergo Villa Casanova has its own chapel (see section on Weddings) and several adjoining country houses, one of which dates back to the 15th century. The original owners were the Balbani family who later gave their name to the locality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Splendia, Travelocity, T4B and Jetsetter so you can book your Albergo Villa Casanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.