This hotel is a delight. The owner Marianne welcomed us and her standard of service and attention to detail is imparted to all the staff who really care about their role in building this hotel to the high star rating it is.
Suites are luxury and every price level is value for money. Choose a balcony if your budget stretches to it but you will not be disappointed with the lower priced suite if it does not.
Breakfast is relaxed with plenty of choice and Dinner is fine dining also in a relaxed style. Because of the rural location we ate every night in the hotel. Who wants to drive to a far away restaurant when one driver is unable to experience the Tuscan wine? Food in the hotel is good and no more expensive than any equivalent restaurant serving quality food in Lucca. Our trip was in October but the joy of being able to eat round the pool in July/August under the stars must be magical. Perhaps a summer return for us.
We would recommend private transfer by Mercedes car (booked by the hotel) if flying in to Pisa. Driving is not easy in Italy. We hired a car in Lucca for 7 days arranged in Britain and did not regret doing it this way as it is best to get the smallest car you can with sometimes narrow roads to negotiate.
The views from this hotel are wonderful and you certainly escape any stress you may have in your everyday life.
Book and Enjoy.
- Also Known As:
- Albergo Villa Casanova Hotel Lucca
- Albergo Villa Casanova Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Albergo Villa Casanova is the result of a complete renovation of an 18th-century Tuscan farmhouse set in 360 acres of mixed woodland just ten minutes from Lucca. Newly reopened in December 2009, Albergo Villa Casanova is now a distinctive and relaxed, luxury boutique hotel with 14 incredibly spacious suites, restaurant, magnificent terraces, infinity swimming pool and tennis court. The valley of Lucca and the tower of Castello Nozzano can be viewed from the hotel and the area is ideal for walking, cycling and exploring the historical walled town of Lucca, home to Puccini. It's also a perfect location to just relax with a book and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere. Numerous festivals take place throughout the year. The world famous Puccini Festival takes place at the open-air theatre at Torre del Lago, a few Kilometres from the hotel. Albergo Villa Casanova has its own chapel (see section on Weddings) and several adjoining country houses, one of which dates back to the 15th century. The original owners were the Balbani family who later gave their name to the locality. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, T4B, Venere, Splendia, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Albergo Villa Casanova reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.