“So good we are doing it again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 432 Restaurants in Livorno
Cuisines: Italian, Chowder, Pizza, Seafood, Noodle, Pizza & Pasta
Good for: Scenic view, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome on the page of Restaurant Romito Livorno At Ristorante Romito Livorno in the summer, from tables on the terracepanoramic Etruscan coast is a delight for the eyes at the view. Also all 'inside, the large windows of the rooms inside , you will be pleasantly caught in the cooler seasons. Romito is between Livorno restaurants with the same management for several years, the Pellegrini family has been here since 1972. L ' hotel restaurant hermit in Livorno is an ideal place for ceremonies on the beach , weddings sea, communions sea, banquets , parties of birthday, tourist groups , coaches , but at the same time is also ideal for a romantic dinner . Al Romito enjoy the cuisine born from the creativity Chef Mario, starting from starter great mix Romito, stuffed zucchini flowers, the scallops au gratin , fresh salmon and prawns in sauce carapace, the fish at 'crazy water or the fish baked with vegetables. Among the specialties of the first courses the Romito Restaurant you can taste the "macaroni Tyrrhenian", the Spaghetti allo Scoglio , Gnocchi Shrimp and Zucchini ... Of particular delicacy the good fish soup Livorno still prepared with the ' old recipe of Grandma Diva.
Santa Barbara CA
“So good we are doing it again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

This restaurant appealed at first sight because of the beautify view from its many windows, but the food is no less fine. We speak hardly any Italian, but the personnel speak some English and worked very hard to help us choose from the menu.

The saltimbocca and the cotellete milanese were excellent, and the waitress kindly helped us choose among the many, many wines on the list. Her suggestions were excellent, and we settled on the rosso di Montalcino, which we loved.

Dessert was a creme Catalan, which we had never tasted before, and which is like the best, richest creme caramel you have ever tasted!

Everything was so good that we decided to return again the next night to explore the menu further.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Ockenheim, Germany
“Not For Me: Perhaps Better in the Summer???”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I'm rating this poor; although if I went back in the summer, it may receive a higher score. Here's why: The food was just o.k. Decent, but certainly not great. The quality wasn't there, and the presentation was lacking as well; especially for the price. I expected better.

They did have an English menu, which was a plus (for those who don't speak Italian), but it seemed like there was a very limited selection of dishes. The waitress was nice enough, pleasant and somewhat attentive, and we communicated well through her broken English. However, we were the only table in the restaurant, so this wasn't difficult.

The main reason why I rated this a two (and the reason for the title of this review and first sentence), is that I went to this restaurant partly for the view that other posts had ranted and raved about. I had driven by earlier and the view WAS amazing, I'll admit that. However, I had forgotten that it's customary for rastaurants to open at 7pm, and if the sun goes down at between 6 and 6:15pm in the winter time, the view from the restaurant is going to be nothing but darkness. (We ate there anyway, even at 7 with a view of darkness, because that was the original plan.)

All-in-all, the view (or lack of one) was partially my fault for the lack of planning; however, I was expecting a great restaurant with a great view and received neither one. The food was so-so, and the view was... well, nothing. SO, I wouldn't recommend this restaurant in the winter time, but at least the view would be better in the summer time when the sun is setting. Perhaps the menu is expanded a little, and the food is also betterin the summer, but I'm not sure.

Overall, personally, I am not sure I'd return to eat here. If I come back to this region, I'll find another restaurant with a nice view of the ocean and eat there. This one just didn't cut it for me.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Love the local cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

Came in italy to visit family and some friends took me there as it was their favorite place to eat.
The athmosfere is what you would expect from a local restaurant, the view of the Tirreni seas is priceless, eating and sipping wine while watching and hearing the sea is just great.
All of this is topped with a great cuisine , I had seafood and my girlfriend had meat... I can only say that we both were full with the abundant portions and the flavor was AWESOME .

Service was ok, for a little bit we were left alone, but overall a great experience that I will want to try it again.

If you like seafood, try their pasta with salmon!!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Leuven, Belgium
“great view, good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

Ate in the restaurant (they also have a pizzeria), had fresh pasta, risotto and fish: very fresh, prepared as it should be. Cosy, familiar atmosphere. Nice wines, all very affordable. Parking could be a problem, so don't arrive to late! Book in advance to have a nice table with view on the terrace).

Visited August 2012
Florence, Italy
“Amazing view”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We had dinner at pizzeria-restaurant, where we had already been last year. The location is great and the view is amazing and, even if the restaurant is located right on the coast road, parking is rather easy.
Unfortunately the waitress informed us that no fresh fish was available on that day, thus they had used frozen fish. No problem with risotto, which was really good, while fried fish was tough and quite tasteless. Pizza was not that good. One negative note: after having ordered we had to re-ask twice for both pizza and coffee, as these were not served. We waited for about half an hour for pizza and 20 minutes for coffee, but nobody apologized for the delay.

• Visited August 2012