“Lovely little hotel with a wonderful breakfast area.” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Gennarino
Viale Italia 301, 57127 Livorno, Italy   |
Ranked #6 of 23 hotels in Livorno
Finland
“Lovely little hotel with a wonderful breakfast area.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for four nights with my husband and two small boys. The hotel is located on Viale Italia, which is one of the main roads in Livorno. The location for our purpose was perfect, close to the city, but even closer to the beach.
The service was helpful. We got to switch the room after first night and got a room that suited us better (instead of 4 regular beds we got then 3 regular and one baby bed).
The room got cleaned everyday and it was cozy.
There were breakfast tables outside and we enjoyed our breakfast there every morning.
The owners were helpful and friendly and suggested us things to do with the boys.
Warmly recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012

107 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

We stayed in this hotel and couldn't have asked for a better place. The exterior of the building was beautiful and the interior was just as nice. The room we were into seemed recently redone and the bathoroom was very spacious for the price range. The breakfast had a lot of choices. Definitely a top place for your stay in Livorno.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Rome, Italy
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Gennarino is a lovely liberty building just in front of the sea in Livorno.
It could be an amazing cosy place, but is not run properly.
Room are quite large and nice, with amazing showers. But no amenities, nor room service is provided - Breakfast is dreadful and room policies ridicolous (check out by 1030 am!).
You don't even get help with your luggage!
At least is quite unexpensive, and if you don't mind waking up early, it could be a good choice!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2011

This is a small family-owned establishment near the Naval Academy in Livorno. Recently rennovated, it has a BEAUTIFUL decor ! It's a "Libertine" style villa. The family staff is excellent - they helped with anything I asked (the younger ones speak good English; the grandparents don't but they will understand what you want/need anyway:)...There is free parking right behind the building; I had no problems with my rental car.
Breakfast isn't cooked to order on-site, it's the continental type: rolls, butter/jam, juice, fruit, etc. Not much variety, but enough for me. Excellent coffee! Also, there is a small but complete bar and you can buy a drink or beer anytime, day or night. My room was very comfortable (although the bed was harder than I'm used to; this is something I find all the time in Europe), the room and bathroom was SPOTLESS and very sanitary. My only problem with the room was the air conditioning, as I'm used to the more powerful American variety and I was staying there in late July/early August, the hottest time for that area. My room had a "frigo bar" - a small refrigerator in the room, stocked with a couple of Italian beers, small bottles of wine, fruit juice and cola - well appreciated. They were in the process of installing an elevator (lift) at the time, but I don't know if it's finished. Anyway, I didn't need it.
There is a gym (palestra) within easy walk; its behind the stadium.
A few cons: the internet is spotty and a bit expensive. There are few retaurants nearby; be prepared to walk a good ways or drive. You also have to drive to get to the public beaches.
I highly reccomend this place and I hope to go back soon...

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
vitoria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2011

very kind people that really care about me. i d say that every morning i got a genuine smile from all staffs. i had bring my bike and they let me put it inside my room (it may be not important for ones that dont ride a 8000 BIKE). good breakast. i would say that u got more than u pay for your stay in this hotel. of course it could be much better but than u should go to other place a pay doble. so thanks c u next time.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
menton
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

This hotel tries very hard to be chic... but there is a fine line between chic and kitsch. I am not a fan of plastic flowers nor of red ribbons tied around plants..... and I don't want to see signs everywhere that smokers will be find........
One did not have the feeling of being made welcome at this establishment.

There is no lift. This is no place for the elderly or infirm.
Our room was on the second floor and although the receptionist, who I believe to be the owner, kindly carried our case upstairs, we had to carry it down the next day.
The hairdryer in the room did not work
The outside temperature on the day we arrived was 40 degrees and although we had booked, the air conditioning in our room had not been switched on beforehand. Indeed, it appeared to have been set to function at no lower than 27.5 degrees and it was impossible to lower the temperature. Quite uncomfortable, as the bathroom was very warm.

Although breakfast the next morning was adequate. It was self service all the way. A tray was handed to us and we sat outside. I had to go inside and ask for a second cup of coffee. There was only one other couple breakfasting at the time and no effort was made to be hospitable. Did we enjoy our stay? Nobody asked us.
I had the feeling of having stayed at a boarding house where the owners couldn't wait to
get rid of us.
Would I use this "hotel" again? No!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Zurich
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2011

A nice place to stay that was a bit different from the norm. Parking. A walk into town of about 30 minutes. Friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Livorno is major port. We had trouble finding open places to eat on a Sunday, but were OK in the end,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Gennarino? Share your experiences!