“Great people, Rielly welcoming, well priced.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Hamburgers, Pub, Pizza & Pasta, Brew Pub, Creperie, Sandwiches
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Late Night
Tauranga, Bay of Plenty, New Zealand
“Great people, Rielly welcoming, well priced.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

At the end of a long hot day we travelled to the top of the hill. We ventured into the swanky restaurants with a view but left when we saw the prices. We had the kids with us and needed a good wholesome place to refresh, JJ Hill is tops in our book. Really friendly staff, great range of beer, drinks and yummy snacks. I got chatting with staff about home brewing, and he pulled out some special Tuscany beers from the back for me to try. I bought a couple to take away. The locals love it, so that's always a good sign, and we loved it also. Many thanks to the team there.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

“Great bar, great food, great staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

Was in Fiesole recently for a wedding, was staying in a hotel close to JJ Hill. First night we popped in I asked for a lager, plenty of choice. My wife is seven months pregnant and I asked for a non-alcoholic cocktail for her and what we got was very tasty. We also had their full Irish breakfast one morning, absolutly beautiful, I would have ate the plate it was that tasty. Bravo to all involved in this great place.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Excellent beer, cheerful irish music and great service!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013 via mobile

We enjoyed it so much here! The service was very friendly and they took very good care. An irish band plays every week. . It was a great experience. . The beer was just amazing. . Especially Guinness!

• Visited May 2013
Florence, Italy
“Veggie Burger Bliss”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here on a Sunday afternoon. Soccer game was on the tube with Florence winning and a lively crowd cheering them on. She had the veggie burger and I had the fish n' chips. They were both delicious. I tried some of her veggie burger and it was absolutely amazing! This is coming from a guy who was raised vegetarian his whole life and has tried every fake burger under the sun...JJ's is one of the best I've ever had and my wife agrees. If you're a vegetarian enthusiast in Italy and missing a good burger, this is your spot! Cheers to the owner he was a cool guy. Good beer and Irish whiskey to boot!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Fiesole, Toscana, Italy
“JJ Hill”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Fiesole's best bar is run by Giangi who extends a warm welcome to all customers. The atmosphere is great, with a wide selection of beer on tap. All of the food is fantastic: from hamburgers to shepherd's pie,.
JJ Hill is must-do stop for everyone visiting Fiesole.

• Visited April 2013