“Great experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Montreal, Canada
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

First off, let me state that I lived in Florence for many years and am therefore very familiar with authentic Italian cuisine. My husband and I had the pleasure of visiting Caffe al N.5 during our last visit to Fiesole in September 2012. You won't find a better location for people watching than this charming restaurant in the central piazza Mino in Fiesole. Caffe al N.5 serves typical,Tuscan fare attractively presented in a friendly, unpretentious atmosphere. Our pasta dishes were cooked perfectly al dente and our salads tasted very fresh. Though the restaurant was quite busy,service was polite and efficient. I am quite surprised by some of the negative reviews because our experience was quite the opposite. In fact, we liked it so much that it became our "go to" restaurant during our stay!

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

UK
“Felt sick afterwards”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012 via mobile

We popped into this place today and ordered what turned out to be the worst pizza we have ever endured, sloppy tasteless muck is all I can say and the chips we ordered along with them were no better. Be warned that if you do dare to visit this place they automatically add a charge per person to the bill but then frown at you as they begrudgingleysearch for change so as to make you think they are expecting a tip on top of the automatic charge they haven't mentioned. We went here because it was the one with people sat outside,but do yourself a favour and start filling another place instead.

Birmingham England
“Not the Worst Restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

On the day I visited this restaurant an argument broke out between a previous customer and the owner who was sitting behind us. Before this happened I had noticed that the serving staff were very polite and attentive to us and the food was served in good time and well presented, although we only had salad, which was fresh and tasted good. I thought that the owner handled the situation well considering there were customers present. I wouldn't normally comment on Trip Advisor on this type of meal but thought that the service we had here does merit a good review.

I would also say that if you're in a hurry then don't visit Italy because a meal is an event and not something to be rushed.

• Visited August 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
London, United Kingdom
“Worst restaurant ever!!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My group and I had the misfortune to drop by this horrendous establishment. Firstly, my partner was met by the the manager who claimed he was he was too busy to show on the menu where the pasta's were. When the so called manager was told his customer service was appalling he indicated we could leave. All in all this was a disaster. Later on that evening we passe by and went to nearby Etrusca (which was brilliant) the owner of Caffe Ai 5 began shouting at us and stated we were not welcome in his restaurant. I spoke directly to him and indicated his manager and him were wholly unable to provide any customer service. The owner looked unclean and unkempt and clearly furious. I indicated I would make it my business to make a review of his restaurant which he said he was happy about!!!!!!. Clearly somewhere to avoid when the restaurant next door is of a superior quality. The owner and his manager suit each other - incompetent and ignorant - we could see other diners nodding in agreement when they heard our argument

• Visited August 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Melbourne, Australia
“Rubbish tourist caffe”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012

On the main piazza, so will attract tourists, and it serves food unfit for prisons. Minestrone soup was disgusting, and there was no reaction when this was pointed out. House white wine had filthy sediment in it, again they didn't care. DO NOT EAT HERE.

• Visited July 2012