Orient Express do holidays very well, when combining this with the natural beauty of Tuscany and the joys Leonardo and his contemporaries, it makes for a very special combination. When you are stood by the pool or in the lemon gardens looking into the horizon, over the hills and cast your eyes across the Duomo and Florence itself, it feels good to be alive and that you are blessed to be able to experience such a spectacular setting.
The food in La Loggia is excellent and the work of a proud and diligent head chef. The service is very good, particularly thanks to Vittorio, the Food and Beverage manager and Adriano on the front desk. The rooms are classical.
There are other hotels which may have been more recently refurbished such as the Four Seasons and Il Salviatino but the location, charm and history of this converted monastery do make this establishment quite unique. It is great to be able to walk around Florence and amble back to your hotel by foot, gelato in hand. However, a hot Summer's day, the cool breeze across the gardens accompanied by one of Villa San Michele's amazing Bellini's, this is after all the sister to the Cipriani in Venice of Harry's Bar fame, makes for an endearing respite from the heat and the wonders of the city are still only ten minutes away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the surviving fresco of the Last Supper to the terraced gardens and pool, Villa San Michele is a feast for the eyes. In the 15th century it was a monastery, today it is one of Europe's most fascinating hotels. A Renaissance Villa, a perfect view of Florence. The finest resort from which to appreciate the city of the Medicis via the comfortable complimentary shuttle that in just 15 minutes links the Villa to the shop windows, the art, the museums. Dining at the Loggia Terrace will be one of the most romantic experiences of your entire trip. Don't leave without learning the secrets of Italian cuisine at the hotel's cookery school, where hands-on lessons are taught by famous Chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Belmond, Booking.com, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Odigeo so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy