From the time of check in - Adriano so friendly - we were made to feel welcome and at home ...an elegant, not glitzy, yet so comfortable home - being there felt like you were drinking a fabulous bottle of a great older vintage of wine. We had booked a nice room to get beautiful views from the main building but we were upgraded to an even larger and prettier room with a corner view of the hillside gardens as well as Florence. The staff was solicitous and professional, aiming to please and accommodating our special requests at meal time - oatmeal just how I like it. They even arranged with Hertz to deliver our rental car to the hotel. The wine list was wonderful- a deep list of older vintages which we enjoyed at dinner. The terrace is gorgeous and we had breakfast and dinner there. We also had tea/wine in the garden with delicious snacks of chips, nuts, olives in what was truly a spectacular setting. Hor d'oeuvres at the bar- prosciutto, little shrimp, bruschetta - all delicious. Breakfast buffet was great with fresh fruit, dried raspberries!, cereals, wonderful cakes, cheeses, breads, etc. While my fish at dinner was a bit too salty for me, my husband's pasta dishes - gnocchi so light - were outstanding. The bread at dinner deserves special mention as they were freshly made - the little muffin with radicchio was really outstanding. The gym was small but had just enough for a good workout. A large window opened in the gym letting in a wonderful breeze with a to-die-for view. An HD tv in the gym would be nice. The pool setting is spectacular. Free wi-fi made staying in touch easy. Everyone made a point to address us by name, a nice touch. Water offered each time we went out, a power adapter already in the room. Many other really nice touches too numerous to point out. We have stayed in Florence many times at a hotel we love and decided to change it up and stay here. Trip into town was 20 minutes on the hotel shuttle - a simple trip. Coming back to tranquility with a view is wonderful. We are glad we tried a new place. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- From the surviving fresco of the Last Supper to the terraced gardens and pool, Villa San Michele is a feast for the eyes. In the 15th century it was a monastery, today it is one of Europe's most fascinating hotels. A Renaissance Villa, a perfect view of Florence. The finest resort from which to appreciate the city of the Medicis via the comfortable complimentary shuttle that in just 15 minutes links the Villa to the shop windows, the art, the museums. Dining at the Loggia Terrace will be one of the most romantic experiences of your entire trip. Don't leave without learning the secrets of Italian cuisine at the hotel's cookery school, where hands-on lessons are taught by famous Chefs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Orient Express, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Otel so you can book your Belmond Villa San Michele reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa San Michele By Orient-Express Hotel Fiesole
- Hotel San Michele
- San Michele Hotel
- Belmond Villa San Michele Fiesole, Province Of Florence, Italy