“Stunning” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pontypridd, United Kingdom
“Stunning”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stayed here for two nights in March and loved it. The rooms were stunning and created a feeling of luxury and the owners couldn't do enough for us. The location was good and it was a short walk in the centre of Florence. Will definitely stay again.

Stayed March 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Los Angeles, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2015

I made a reservation for this hotel one month ahead of time for my friends who were on their honeymoon and were going to be in Florence for one night. I purchased a suite for them since the reviews on this place were so great. I got a message from my friends saying that they were waiting outside the hotel for three hours and that there was no one there. They finally received help from a cafe nearby and they found out from someone that the owners had gone to thailand! Horrible horrible communication and customer service, my friend had to book a hotel last minute at a very shady hotel nearby because they had no other choice. It was very inconsiderate of the owner not to inform us that they would not be there, I would have booked elsewhere if I had know ahead of time but now instead my friend's one night in Florence has been ruined by the awful lack of communication on the hotel's behalf.

Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2015

Loved this apartment so much! Was a birthday trip to Florence and we enjoyed our stay. Blerina was a wonderful host we even sent her flowers to say thank you for everything. We stayed in November 2011 it's taken so long to leave a review after not using Tripadvisor for years but I will definitely stay here again when I visit Florence again and plan to bring the children.

Stayed November 2014, traveled with friends
Linthicum, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2014

We had seen photos online and knew what to expect, but we were still completely blown away by this spectacular hotel! Our room was enormous, and with the painted, vaulted ceilings, we felt like royalty. The breakfast provided more than we could possibly eat in one sitting, and to have it delivered to our door was delightful. We needed a phone and a computer while we were there, and Blerina was happy to provide both. She steered us toward a lunch spot when we arrived in late afternoon, and told us where to find the closest ATM when we unexpectedly needed cash in a hurry. We so enjoyed our little chats with her. The hotel is small (about 10 rooms or so), but was not filled to capacity, so we had the choice of a room with tub or shower when we checked in (we chose shower.) The small size and large breakfast give it more of the feel of a B&B than a hotel. I'm not sure where they draw the line between the two categories. No matter, it's fantastic, whatever you call it. I wouldn't DREAM of staying anywhere else! Thank you, Blerina. I hope we'll meet again!

• Stayed October 2014, traveled as a couple
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2014

We stayed here in September, and had the Azzurri suite, which is the lovely blue room. We cannot praise the room and the owners enough.
Now to details...we got a taxi from the airport to the hotel quite late at night, and were pleased with the welcome we had at that time of night. We did of course let the owners know our flight was a late one. The reception area and our room are beautifully decorated, with wall and ceiling paintings. Our bed was enormous and the room light and airy and clean. Breakfast is served in your room, and the owner, Blerina, or her husband will knock discreetly on your door at the time you appoint to bring it in to you!! She also asked us if there was anything particular we wanted for breakfast, but we were happy with what we had. Coffee, eggs, toasted sandwich, fruit, biscuits, and lovely little cakes occasionally.

There are a couple of downsides to our stay, but really I'm not sure if they are things that the owners can do anything about. One was the mosquitoes. No-one ever tells you that Florence is built on a swamp!! My husband was more affected than me, but he was eaten alive by them at night. We did find our windows wide open when we came back to our room during the day, and think this may contribute to the mozzies being in our room. Also as it is an old building there are lots of possible entrances for these little devils. A mosquitoe net may have been useful for us!!

The second downside was that we were woken regularly at around 2.30am by loud banging and scraping from above, which would go on for around an hour. It sounded to me like a bar/restaurant moving tables and chairs around, but I don't really know what else it could have been. Thankfully this stopped at the weekend to enable us to catch up on our sleep a little!! This was very annoying, and did mar our stay a little, as we were tired all the time!!

One other little thing is that there was a strange set of curtains above out bathroom, which seemed to just be concealed an open area. We were worried someone could see or get in here, but I think it was ok, and we had no problems.

The room has a little kitchenette area concealed as a wardrobe, very handy, and there is a fridge, etc. It was a little difficult to switch between the shower and bath, depending on what you fancied, but we managed to work it eventually. The WiFi in the room worked well.

Florence is a lovely city, and you are close to all of the landmarks, which are all walking distance. The hotel is located down one of the charming old streets, and we never really heard any noise from outside, apart from the bin men one day!! Blerina called a taxi for us when we needed to return to the airport.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

I spent three nights at the Firenze Suite, a former monastery. The location was perfect and central to everywhere. From the moment I arrived I was greeted inside this family run premises by a wonderful host named Blerina.
Blerina brought me into a beautifully decorated and furnished reception which led to my suite, Violante.This suite was adorned with a high domed ceiling, beautiful pieces of furniture, large windows and double doors leading out to a beautiful courtyard which we shared with another suite. My suite had a 'wardrobe' which to my surprise opened up to reveal a kitchenette. A lovely, unexpected touch ! The suite was very enchanting and very apt for a vacation to this wonderful city of Florence.
Blerina could not do enough for me< her knowledge of Florence was invaluable, I was presented with a large map to work from and Blerina highlighted all the attractions. She booked two beautiful restaurants for my stay, namely, Aquacotta and Cafe Italiano which came highly recommended by herself and they both delivered in every way imaginable. She also booked several guided tours for me. Nothing was too much for my host, so much so, I would only stay there upon my return to this great city !
Breakfast was served to your room and it enormous and contained such variety.
I could not recommend Firenze Suite enough and Blerina's husband was very helpful too. WELL DONE Firenze Suite ! ! ! Regards John Boyle. PS. I can't wait to return to Florence

Room Tip: Violante Suite did it for me !
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
Cornwall
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2014

We spent three nights at the Firenze Suite in the Suite - Geneva Cavalcanti which has a large bedroom area, kitchen/dining area, and a bathroom. The premises is really well situated a short walk from all of the major attractions in Florence in a quiet street and is beautifully painted with a variety of scenes throughout, and with high vaulted ceilings. Breakfast is served in your room when you want it, and is very good, better than both of the expensive hotels we stayed at in Rome and Venice, and there's plenty of it. Our pre-arrival emails were dealt with promptly and efficiently, and Blerina did a great job looking after us and booking tickets at the Uffizi and Accademia, as well as sorting out last minute printing and overnight delivery of an important document to the UK which would have been a nightmare to sort out on our own otherwise. The only downside of our suite was the lack of windows, there being only two high up in the dining area of frosted glass. However, I believe other suites have access to the garden. Wifi was free and worked well and I would certainly stay here again in the future.

Room Tip: They all look good but I would ask for one with garden access next time.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Firenze Suite? Share your experiences!