“The most wonderful place in A magical city” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast!
Ranked #11 of 463 Hotels in Florence
London, United Kingdom
“The most wonderful place in A magical city”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2013

The hotel, the park, the staff and service.... simply unsurpassed. Possibly the most magical hotel we have ever stayed in. We stayed in the Convento wing and while smaller than the main building, it is fabulously private and quiet. Worth every penny

• Stayed August 2013
FSFlorence, Public Relations Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, September 13, 2013
Dear Guest,

It is a pleasure for us to read your words emphasizing our hotel amenities, expecially the Conventino, a formed villa of the 15° century, converted into a convent in the 16° century. It is undoubtedly the most "magical" part of the urban resort we are proud to run.

The Conventino is intimate and private and, as you highlighted, an oasis of peace and tranquillity where feeling pampered and looked after by our attentive staff.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future I send you my best regards.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Palo Alto
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

A great choice, particularly for families. Could not have a more perfect location. Rooms are luxurious (maybe a bit too "renaissance" for our taste, but very, very nice nonetheless and very spacious). The pool is a beautiful and we made great use of it as a nice break from all the other activities Florence has to offer. Not as flexible with breakfast timing as some of the other hotels we stayed in on this trip, but then much larger as well so it is understandable. The Concierge at the hotel was truly excellent. The restaurant recommendations were top notch, particularly when we were able to talk about the options instead of relying solely on the handout provided. The recommended guides, help with transport options and just generally dealing with us and making us happy was terrific. Staff went out of their way to ensure the whole family was taken care of - even led us up to the cuppola to watch fireworks. If I have one complaint, it is the bill. It's not that it's expensive (the hotel is expensive, but not as expensive as other comparable options or even as expensive as some other hotels we stayed in on this trip), but that there were a lot of little things that came up on the bill that I did not expect. I did not really notice this at the time we checked out because we were late and rushed, but I did notice it later. It's my own fault for not raising it with the hotel when we were there. It is, however, the only hotel we stayed in on this trip where I'm left with this lingering feeling. That said, I would still recommend the hotel very highly. The combination it offers is hard to beat in Florence.

Room Tip: for families, adjoining rooms are a must given the size of the hotel. Our overlooked the street. T...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

This one is really a different Four Seasons member as far as the architecture. The hotel is just great in a big green land, with very high room ceilings and probably the biggest standard room I have stayed in almost like a suite, with all Four Seasons luxury included. There is no need to talk about the level of service, the breakfast and the staff, I have never witnessed something negative about these aspects in a Four Seasons hotel. Same goes with this one, all of them are perfect. There are only two things you should consider here. First, you are around 15 mins walk to dowtown and Duomo. Some people consider it as a plus to be a little far from the crowds and noise but on contrary some people want to be within 5 steps of all the attractions. If you are in the second group, consider 15 mins walk mentionned. Second part is the spa, which is the strange part of this hotel, it is located in a different building in the same street. So, think again before getting out of the room with your bath clothes and slippers. I did this on February so it was not pleasant in that weather. This might be the only negative thing I can mention, surely you do not expect the spa to be outside in a Four Seasons.
Other than this detail, I really do not see any reason for not being happy in this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is one of the places that you will never forget...it is beautiful, historical, romantic, green, with all the comforts, friendly and helpful staff...the food is absolutely great....the best breakfast ever...what else i need to say...i want to live there...if possible in the Villa (nos 700)!!!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We (my family) just returned from our trip to Florence and the Four Seasons yesterday. It really was one of the best hotel stays we've ever had. My sister and I had a bright, spacious twin room - so gorgeous and relaxing to be in - in the Conventino building. The grounds of the hotel are beautiful, as is the pool. The gym is excellent. Every member of the staff was incredibly helpful and cheerful, in particular Benedetta at breakfast who was wonderful and remembered our order every morning, the concierge staff (including a trainee concierge who gave us great restaurant recommendations and were so helpful in booking tickets for various things), the housekeeping staff and Dmitri by the pool. In general, the service was impeccable and the property beautifully maintained.

I'm surprised at some of the reviews I read below. I noticed that people complained about things like not getting extra perks like treats for their kids constantly or free gifts. What more do you really want than a spotlessly kept room, on point assistance from housekeeping and the concierge, and fresh fruit, water and ice every day? To my mind people who complain about these things have an insane sense of entitlement. The 'basics' that this hotel offers are more than worth the price. I also noticed people getting persnickety about getting a room in the Conventino building rather than the main building - so what? The rooms were great. Anyone who had a bad stay because the insecurity of not having the absolute best room kept them up at night has more issues than a hotel can deal with. Also, no one was snobby or made us feel less than welcome. So all of these things were, in our experience, untrue.

2 things to know: the hotel is not bang smack in the middle of the action, but it's a very easy 5 min walk to the Duomo, so don't worry too much about the location. Also, the shower is kind of hard to figure out how to turn on. Also a yellow jacket wasp menaced us each morning at breakfast when we sat outside, which I think amused the waitstaff because we were so disproportionately terrified. Apart from that, perfect.

We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Kusnacht, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

We stayed for one night at this hotel while dropping our daughter off to begin her studies at university.
We drove to the hotel, and I will say that driving in Florence is more than a little confusing, with lots of one way streets, but as soon as you know that it's cake.
The entrance is hidden, and when we arrived I was really frustrated (due to above getting lost etc.). I was a little bit irritated because the doorman/valet/welcome committee gentleman asked us to please move the car out of the way instead of getting in and driving it away himself as I thought he was going to do, but chalked this up to mis-communication as he was perfectly pleasant in every other way. Also, I felt kind of bad because I didn't tip at this point - but that was because the parking charge is EUR 55 per day and we had to move the car out of the way ourselves etc. etc. I know that parking in Italy is anyway a sore point and extremely, outrageously expensive in every village so wasn't surprised, but also don't want to give rewards for it either.

After this bump, everything else was better than wonderful. Check-in was really really nice, we were upgraded to a junior suite which was lovely, with a pretty view over the park-like gardens of the hotel grounds. As you can imagine, the hotel is lovely and chic, and choc-a-bloc with Americans which really surprised me. If you are from the US and want to feel at home away from home, this is a great place to come. No one could speak Italian, though, which was kind of sad - but everyone who works in the hotel speaks excellent English as well as many other languages so no worries about being misunderstood in a foreign land.
There are two restaurants on the property but we only stayed one night and went to the more casual one, which was outstanding. We had drinks outside (my bellini's were amazing! and my husband had a dark artisanal beer which he really enjoyed), and at dinner on the terrace the pizza was of course sublime and the tomato soup was actually the best I have ever had -so thick, it was more like a pasta sauce, with chunks of cheese inside it... great.
Breakfast also good, cappuccino perfect as it should be in the place it was invented, the sun was shining, the birds were singing, and we did not experience any bad service at all, a surprise for me in Italy (sorry, guys. I love you but had many bad experiences in your country until this visit). The best was check-out; we were very worried and sad to say goodbye to our daughter, and the ladies behind the counter were so nice, so supportive that I almost cried. They were both from Florence and they said that it was not only a beautiful and historic city but also small and safe, and that Florentines are well known for their hospitality, once you get to know them. Sounds like the Swiss, where we live, so I felt better...
Yes, we will definitely go back, not only because our daughter is there but because the Four Seasons Florence is a good mix of an international hotel chain (you know what to expect with things like bedding and bathroom fixtures, etc.) and the special touches of being in a city unique to its place on earth (Florentine bath products, extra special friendly people, outstanding food and location unlike any other place on earth).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

There is nothing else to say but this is one of the most perfect hotels I have travelled to. Fantastic location in a huge park, quiet, perfect room and above all the most perfect service I have experienced in a long time.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple