“STOP! Look no further! The best hotel in Florence!...maybe even Italy!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Four Seasons Hotel Firenze

Special Offer
Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #6 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Miami, Florida
“STOP! Look no further! The best hotel in Florence!...maybe even Italy!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Where do I begin? I am seasoned with what to expect of 5 star hotels but this hotel has changed my expectations to another level! The service from the moment we walked in to the day we departed was impeccable! The property is outstanding and very beautiful even in the middle of a cold february! This was a special occasion for us as we were celebrating our honeymoon which they made Extra Special! We were upgraded and the given a beautiful welcome amenity. The staff was very warm and willing to help. You did not feel pressured to give a tip for every service completed which was the case in our hotel in Rome. They were willing to help in any way that they could. We were there for only a couple days as we had been trying to sample Italy but I would have gladly sacrificed one of the other cities for more time in Florence especially here at the Four Seasons if I could do it all over again! I loved the grounds and the area the hotel was situated in unlike the other reviewer who preferred the St Regis. The walk was 10 to 15 min to get to the bustling areas of the city which I did not find unreasonable. If you like the privacy that a luxury hotel warrants then this hotel is perfect for you! I loved the garden!!!!! It must be even more amazing in the summer! We did not eat at the restaurants because we didn't wake up for breakfast and the main restaurant was closed for renovations for dinner. We already had dinner reservations at a 3 Michelin restaurant which was just amazing ( separate review ). We did not get to use the spa as well but it was situated near the pool and gardens which looked amazing and the next time we come back we will definitely use the facility. The most amazing part and most memorable part of our trip was the special turndown service they had given us! They had put rose petals on our bed in the shape of a heart with swan towels but the thing we loved the most was the quote that was written with marker on the bathroom mirror and dimly lit with the vanity mirror which truly memorable and unique! The quote written was "when I say I love you, please believe it is true, when I say forever know I will never leave u. When I say goodbye, promise me u wont cry , cause the day i'll be saying that would be the day I die." What a creative thing! Me and my wife loved it so much! It made us feel very special! Thank you Patrizio and please thank your entire staff for such a memorable stay. Grazie a mille!

Room Tip: Stay here if you want to feel special! <3 Get a room facing the garden for an amazing view!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
FSFlorence, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
Dear ViraniMD,

Thank you so much for your review that literally overwhelmed me with satisfaction.

I feel blessed when I read comments like yours because the satisfaction of our guest is our main objective.

Truly delighted that you and your wife enjoyed the property, the location,the staff and also the special turnover organised for you.

It was a real pleasure to have the opportunity to welcome you to our Four Seasons Hotel and we look forward to a next future occasion.

Best regards

Patrizio Cipollini

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bucharest, Romania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

one of the best experiences I ever had, wonderful hotel, luxury. The renaissance style it's everywhere here, large rooms, very profesional staff, just perfect!!! I also enjoyed the breakfast, everything was nice. I will come back for shore

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Miami, FL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

From the building, to the restaurant and the staff...this is by far one of the very best Four Seasons in the world.
The concierge staff was fantastic. Make sure to have them set you up with a guided tour and make sure to follow their restaurant suggestions. It was all perfect.
The spa is simply amazing and so is all the facilities in this beautiful place!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Shefford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We had such an amazing stay, my first at a Four Seasons hotel although my husband has stayed at other Four Seasons hotels, I struggle to single out what made it so special as there are so many reasons. Matteo (concierge) before we even got to the hotel arranging restaurant bookings ( once having met us making a suggestion for an alternative which was spot on!). The room manager and general manager both introduced themselves in the bar, very relaxed professional people. Guilia from the restaurant and the chef Vito also were fantastic people. Staff everywhere met us by name and couldn't do enough to help. Housekeeping helped with hair equipment I'd left at home and realised I was moving tissues each night from bathroom and supplied another box by the bed. Our room was amazing palatial, we had room 309 a premier room. Thes spa is exceptional I had three treatments varying kinds my husband had three massages, excellant highly professional ladies in particular Barbara and Daniela. Whenever we used services in room the response was fantastic and extremely quick. If you like pancakes with fruit go for it in your room I felt like a princess when I changed my order slightly next day they checked I didn't want the item I'd missed off. Our stay was so magical that the same day we came home we changed our hotel in Istanbul for early April to the Four Seasons Bosphorus. But they have got their work cut out to match you in Florence. Thank you so much for my best city break yet! Thank you Melissa & Shiv Sekaran

Room Tip: Taxi is under 10 euros to city centre well worth it.
London England
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

we (6 in total) stayed 5 nights to celebrate my wife's birthday. We booked well in advance to secure the rooms we thought we would like, one suite, one superior and one standard. We called in advance to double check our choices but made little progress. All the rooms are wonderful and not much tangible advice is given by the booking staff. So it was not too much of a surprise that there was a minor misunderstanding on what we were looking for. All that said the reception staff were calm and helpful and we all got excellent rooms. 314,108 and 101. The beds were firm for our taste but there was no hassle in asking for a mattress topper. PS the beds are mostly European king size and the better rooms from what i can make out don't have twin beds. Room maintenance was great, both turn-down and room service. The concierge made our restaurant bookings and invariably the restaurants made an extra effort as a result. Our initial concern was that the location, a walk from the centre would prove annoying. The opposite was our experience. it provides a quieter location, a fabulous garden and the walk is on quiet lesser used streets passing two restaurants towards the centre. The fist is more family, welcoming and value. the second more discerning and an occasion. We recommend both. We did not try the spa but the gym is well equipped and the changing facilities excellent. Breakfasts are four seasons standard. I am not sure how the evening restaurant works as we ate out. Whilst we were there, Feb and presumably low season for them, the evening restaurant was in the bar area. May be in summer autumn its in the breakfast area which over looks the garden and to our mind this would be better. Finally through out the hotel the décor is just what you go to Florence for and adds a grandeur to the hotel

Room Tip: the garden side rooms are quieter. Higher floors allow greater appreciation of it. We enjoyed 314
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Sydney
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Situated only about 2 kilometers from town you'd be forgiven thinking you were in a strange backstreet with not many pretty sights. Well you do have a garden at the rear of this hotel. Stayed one night but couldn't help but head back to The St Regis hotel for its better location, service & food. Things just didn't hit the spot on this occasion at Four Season although staff were exceptionally professional & pleasant, but it wasn't enough to win me over to extend my stay.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FSFlorence, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your compliments paid to our staff who will be surely happy to read that you have appreciated
the sense of hospitality for which Four Seasons is renowned all over the World.

I am sad to know that you disliked the location. We are in fact 10 minutes walk from the Dome and despite being so central we are lucky to have 4.5 hectares of Garden, the biggest private garden in Florence.

It's true that the surrounding streets are narrow, because they are historical, and I believe they can have their charm.

This said, I am sincerely sorry that our service and food did not meet your expectations.
The satisfaction of our guests is our top priority and for this reason, please consider me at your disposal, if you wish to send me further information concerning your disappointment. I will be delighted to follow up in order to improve our products and service.

Most Cordially

Patrizio Cipollini
washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

The Four Seasons Hotel Firenze was the highlight of our trip; it was our first stay with the Four Seasons and it was fantastic.

The service was perfect from the first greeting, and it was nicely orchestrated from check-in to being ushered to our room. We had personalized greeting from the manager, shown to our Four Seasons room by a very cheerful staff, and we were amazed by the welcomed amenities.

The grounds are immaculate: the lobby, the atrium and the garden are simply beautiful. Service is top notch and this Four Seasons does not disappoint. Like the Mandarin Oriental Bangkok, we were remembered and greeted by name at every turn. Furthermore, the restaurants remembered our preferences and allergies were noted even by room service.

There were so many fantastic folks at the Four Seasons Firenze, but noteworthy include: Francesco the bell hop, who gave a very personalized guided tour of the hotel, Nichola of the Il Palagio restaurant, who remembered every gastronomic detail, and Ken, the very handsome Alberta transplant manning the entrance.

There were a few minor hiccups here. I would skip the spa, I found the treatment a bit too feminine and flora for my liking. The concierge can be a bit short; they are quite good at giving directions and recommendation for tourist attractions. However, any requests a bit more substantial can be met with mild reluctance. The location is a bit of a walk from center of town, but taxi is always available.

The dining is quite good here; I recommend eating the breakfast, the lunch, the dinner and afternoon tea. The spread is continental, but I did see tofu on the dinner menu. This place is as close to hotel perfection. Simply come and stay, and experience the tranquility and the beauty of this hotel.

Stay at the Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, you will be wowed!

Room Tip: Pay for the highest category in your budget. The rooms are fantastic!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Firenze? Share your experiences!