“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 461 hotels in Florence
Singapore, Singapore
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I stayed here for two nights while in Italy. When I stepped into tthe hotel, what blew me away was the amazingly decorated lobby especially in time for the Christmas season. Service was very good as expected of a five star hotel. It was my first time staying at a Four Seasons hotel as I am usually at Hyatt. However Florence did not have any Hyatt chain hotels so I was deciding between St Regis and Four Seasons.

During my stay I tried the spa and the hair salon, both of which offered very prompt and excellent service. The spa facilities were very comprehensive and I felt right at home after my massage. I tried the candle massage which was supposed to be new. The drops of buttery oil on my body felt amazing especially in the cold and dry weather.

I had read about the large outdoor garden and pool before my stay but unfortunately did not get to see them in daylight as I was out of the hotel and only returned during the evening. However, I did get a feel of how large the property was when I walked out of the hotel to get to the spa which was situated in a separate building. The hair salon also had its own premises in the garden.

One drawback was that I was looking for hotel right in the centre of the city and after the first day I realised that although the hotel is pretty near to the centre, it not exactly in the heart of it. It took 15 mins of cab rides a day to get to the centre which easliy came up to 20-30 euros a day. The Savoy Hotel would be much closer to the city centre in this case.

Other than that, I would stay in a Four Seasons Hotel again next time as it was a very pleasant stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

740 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (143)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2012

Everything was perfect. The staff of course was wonderful - always smiling and saying "Buon giorno!" Always trying to be helpful as well. The hotel is like a museum, and the grounds are a great escape from the city. The best of all worlds - walking distance to everyhting in Florence,but the grounds felt like the countryside in Tuscany.

Montreal, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

My husband and I have been delighted by the very harmonious and aesthetic of this ancient palazzo carefully restored hotel (we also enjoyed the beautiful artwork of the artist Ugo Riva, both inside and in the park !); the large park, down noise and passers, is a major asset for this hotel. The whole building is marked with the seal of excellence and the service is impeccable, both host, that the room or restaurant. We enjoyed being upgraded to a superior room, very large and comfortable. The breakfast is hearty and very refined. The concierge team has helped us greatly throughout our stay (recovery left our luggage at the airport in Paris, tour bookings, information on the city, ...). This is the fifth time we go to Florence and staying at the Four Seasons was the best!

La Ciotat, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Five stars service as Four Seasons always does.
Fabulous spa, authentic hotel, wonderful staff
well located, nice garden.
Will re experience for sure
Best romantic stay ever !
Nice experience in the fine dining restaurant
Plus we had an amazing weather for November

What else ?

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

Rooms, Services, Spa, Foods, every thing are so good!!
walking in the garden, its feel not in the city yet it is walking distance from Duomo which is center of the city.

They are keeping this hotel so well and give you such warm feeling.

I love this hotel!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is an absolutely stunning hotel with faultless service. It is intimate yet grand. The gardens are beautiful and the spa excellent. It is one of my favourite hotels in the world and I have been fortunate to have visited many.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Louisiana USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

Superior food, superior service, attention to the finest details. This an absolutly beautiful property. You would think you were staying at a Medici residence or a museum. A walk in their 11 acre private garden park will make you forget you are in a big city. We didn't get a chance to use their complimentary shuttle service or their city center property for storing your shopping treasures. One of the best hotels we have ever stayed in and we only try to stay in the best. We booked through American Express Platinum and received a room upgrade, free breakfast, and a spa credit. Didn't get a chance to use the spa though. We had a steet view room but wished we had booked a garden view. This is a bucket list hotel if only for one night.

Room Tip: Book a garden view. For extra privacy, the convent section was completly seperate on the other side...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
FSFlorence, General Manager at Four Seasons Hotel Firenze, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your review posted recently on Tripadvisor.

We are very happy that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we truly hope to have soon the pleasure of welcoming you back. In this occasion we will introduce you to the peaceful atmosphere of the Spa, a real oasis of tranquillity to enjoy during your days in Florence.
We appreciated the attribution of 6 stars and we will do our best to keep this great reputaion.
Thank you once again for being our fan and please accept my kindest regards.

Patrizio Cipollini

Been to Four Seasons Hotel Firenze? Share your experiences!