“Excellent Latin Food & Drinks” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Florence, Italy
“Excellent Latin Food & Drinks”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

Such a wide variety of Latin food that all tastes so great, especially the empanadas! They also have a huge selection of alcohols from Latin countries that you just won't find anywhere else. It's also extremely affordable!

Boston, Massachusetts
“A unique atmosphere!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

This place is truly unique. They serve Latin inspired dishes from tacos to empanadas. If you are in Eby's you are definitely not there for the food. We have dined here a lot and while it's not amazing it's not bad either. It's okay. What you must come here for are drinks. They make fresh squeezed blended drinks (non alcoholic) as well as alcoholic concoctions of every kind.

Their blended drinks are amazing. They have a diverse menu of these including smoothies and simple blends of freshly squeezed juices.

They pride themselves in housing a large selection of rums from all over the world. They have rare rums from Nicaragua which can't be found elsewhere in Italy. They list each country the rums come from which makes deciding what you will have that much more fun.

When you finally do decide and order your mixed concoction of choice it will be prepared by a man whom I affectionately refer to as Einstein's twin brother. He is the master mixer. He will prepare your drink with delight and serve it with a loud noise he continues to make until you have finished your drink. Why does he do this? I have no idea but it adds to the ambiance of this bar. For that alone, I recommend you visit Eby's.

The prices aren't exuberant. Last time I was here my boyfriend and I had an appetizer, two entrees, two mixed drinks, and one shot each and paid less than 40 euros. They only have two tables inside and three or four outside. The outside tables are on the sidewalk on a very busy part of town. This is one of the few places where I prefer dining indoors.

Visited August 2013
Hamburg, Germany
“Tasty Affordable Burritos”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

This place is small with some indoor and outdoor seating. I had a chicken burrito and my wife had a chick pea burrito. Both of them cost around 4 euro which is pretty reasonable. They don't come with anything on the side. Even though it is listed as a burrito I wouldn't really consider it that as much as a wrap. It was tasty despite that. My wife's burrito had a vinaigrette on it that she liked but it also caused the tortilla to get wet and fall apart. I had a beer from the tap that was listed as Diablo which was a high alcohol beer but was served something that tasted more like a pilsner. I didn't really notice until I was already kind of far into it so I didn't bother saying anything but I was suspicious and when I looked at the three other beers that I saw people drinking they all looked identical. I could be wrong and it isn't that big of a deal but for 6 euro I wasn't that impressed with it. My wife had a mixed drink which she thought was okay but wasn't really impressed with either. If you want to have something different and are tired of Italian this place could be a good choice but it is probably better for lunch and you might want to skip their drinks. This isn't really a Mexican place as other people have stated in their reviews. At one point while eating a mother and her son came up and begged for change which was annoying.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bangkok, Thailand
“Nice bar with snacks, not really a restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

This place is incorrectly listed as a Mexian restaurant, which it is not, but they do offer a few Mexican and Italian snacks, as well as crepes, salads, empanadas, etc.  I tried the chili con carne burrito, which was good, but the meat had a bit of grissle, and it lacked the extras like salsa and sour cream.  The frozen margarita was decent but a bit small/weak for 7 euro.  It's a good crowd with very friendly service and open fairly late, but if you're looking for a proper Mexican restaurant, try Tijuana just a couple blocks over.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Havre de Grace, Maryland
“Great food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The food was fresh and delicious. I had a burrito with feta cheese and fresh veggies. The burrito shell was made as I watched. My wife had a quesadilla that was excellent. Fun place to eat.

Visited May 2013