“Best in Florence” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Madison, Wisconsin
“Best in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

Stopped today on our first day in Florence, have had Gelato in Rome, Pisa, and Cinque Terra. This was the best

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

• Chinese (Traditional) first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Best gelato in the World!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

I believe that kids don't lie when it comes to ice cream. So, our kids unanimously told us to come here every single day (sometimes twice a day!) during our one week stay in Florence. I think that says a lot about how good Grom is.

We did try other popular gelaterias in town, but still, we went back to Grom.

Their gelato does not pile high like mountains, but kept hidden in closed lid containers. I tried about 5-6 different flavours and all of them are less sweet but more flavourful than those in other gelaterias. With Grom's you could actually taste and smell strawberry, hazelnuts, pistachio, chocolate etc. when eating it.

Chocolate lovers must not miss chocolate extra noir. Coffee is also excellent. But my daughter would tell you that their strawberry is the best in the world because she insisted on having just that one flavour every single day ( they do a 'mini' one scoop portion at 1 euro for small children).

To avoid the line, be there before lunch. Afternoon is the gelato time, thus long line. Or go at night, the place is opened til midnight!

“Do yourself a favor and make a stop here!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

During my trip in Italy, I made it a point to try all the gelaterias that were highly recommended in each city. I tried gelato in Milan, Venice, San Giminagno (supposedly has the best gelato in the world), and Florence. My favorite by far is Grom. I had a scoop of strawberry and creme of Grom (egg cream w/ chocolate chips) and it was unique and delicious! It was 2.50e for a small size and can choose 2 flavors. The strawberry is excellent, much better than the one i tried in San Gimignano. This is worth the stop, multiple times!

Henderson, Nevada
“Best Gelato in Firenze”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

I loved the caramel and the Columbian Chocolate. Very fresh and organic. The lines can be long but they move quickly.

Visited April 2014
Vienna, Austria
“Amazing gelato and friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014 via mobile

We've been two days in a row and will definitely be back tomorrow. I can't get enough of the pink grapefruit paired with lemon. We have also tried strawberry, pistachio, nougat, caramel, and coffee, and all are excellent. Gelato stores are a dime a dozen in Florence but this one is worth turning the corner for.

Visited April 2014