“BEST CHOICE to enjoy the serenity of Tuscany” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #26 of 320 Activities in Florence
More attraction details
Owner description: Small group and private fully guided bike tours (single and multi-day) in the gorgeous Tuscan countryside. You'll pedal quiet back roads around Florence, Chianti, Siena, Val d'Orcia and elsewhere. Personalized service with pick up and drop off at or near your hotel. All fitness/skill levels and fully van-supported. Several rides to choose from for varied interests, including wine and olive oil tasting, gelato tasting, historic castles and off-the-beaten path medieval villages. First-rate equipment (and electric bikes too!). Ask about our new cooking class ride for foodies! Florentine Marco Vignoli, a former bicycle racer, founded I Bike Tuscany. His wish is to share with you his passion for amazing scenery, adventure, great food and wine and, of course, biking. It's his belief there is no better or more exciting way to experience the singularly beautiful region of his homeland than from the seat of a "bicicletta," and so has worked hard to create some very special and unique itineraries that we're sure will have you believing the same. We look forward to your joining us for a day (or trip) you'll keep in your heart, take home with you and never forget.
Longview
4 attraction reviews
“BEST CHOICE to enjoy the serenity of Tuscany”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2012

A friend recommended that we take a bike tour through Tuscany. Although my sisters and I are not avid cyclists (not even close...none of us have really been on a bike in close to 10 years), we rose to the challenge and chose a beginner level course called "The Gelato Ride" with I Bike Tuscany. A van, driven by Elizabeth, our wonderful tour guide, picked us up in front of our hotel at 9:30am and drove us up into the countryside. This tour started off with a gelato demonstration at a gelateria in Castellina and a tasting of close to 15 different gelatos...all I can say is YUM, YUM, YUM!!! The gelato shop owner was incredibly kind and took pride in his craft. We then had some free time to shop and explore the town before mounting our bikes and riding the downward winding slopes of the Tuscan countryside dotted with vineyards and olive groves. The ride was so serene and picturesque that we could not help but stop on many occassions to bask in the quiet loveliness of those hills (and take some pictures too, of course). This was the PERFECT relaxation excursion imaginable after our weariness of the hustle and bustle of Florence (and other larger cities). After completing the leisurely 21 km downhill ride, the van took us into San Gimignano, for more exploring time. We ate a late lunch there and had time to shop around. We found many shops that hand-crafted their own original products (instead of selling cheap stuff from China). From there, the van took us back to the front door of our hotel.

Our tour guide, Elizabeth, took care of everything from start to finish, and it was most pleasant to let someone else do this for us for a whole day. Keep in mind this is a full day tour - the van will drop you off at your hotel maybe between 5:00pm and 6:00pm. There is not an exact end time of the tour because it's Italy...where time is flexible. To get the ride you want on the day you want, try to book it about a month (or more) in advance. You will need to fill out the contact form on the website first, but then they are very good about communicating with you via e-mail, and feel free to ask as many questions as you like. They are quick to respond and give thorough explanations. Although this tour was on the higher side of our budget, it was WELL WORTH every euro. You will not regret taking this tour, but trust me, you might regret it if you don't.

Naugatuck, Connecticut
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

We wanted to add something different to our trip to Florence and thought that spending the day cycling through the rolling hills of Tuscany would be perfect and we were not disappointed. We did the Florence to Siena trip. Marco took care of every detail from correctly fitting us with great bikes, to picking us up at our hotel right on time, to giving us a great history lesson of Florence and the Tuscany region, to supporting us along the route, to making sure we felt safe along the route. The roads we were on have few cars and are highly traveled by cyclists. Initially, the weather was not cooperating, but Marco quickly came up with a great private wine tasting and when the weather cleared, we were on our way.

We could not have been more pleased with the experience. Having a few hours to spend in Siena was an added bonus. If you are thinking of doing doing this, don't hesitate to book your trip with I Bike Tuscany!

Visited April 2012
“The ultimate Tuscan experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2012 via mobile

I had an amazing experience on this bike tour.
The sights are stunning, the three course lunch and wine was DELISH!
The gelato was mind blowingly good (especially the super nutella flavour) but my favourite thig about the tour was the people. Barbara (our tour guide) was so vibrant and fun. She really made the day a great experience. She was very thorough in ensuring safety and comfort during the ride. She was also incredibly warm and funny!
I highly recommend this trip to anyone who's looking to see the rustic, enchanting charm of Tuscany.

Halifax, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Absolutely wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2012

I really loved my day in the hilly Chianti region. The scenery was awesome. Our guide, Elizabeth, offered us many options that made the tour very personalized.

Marc-Antoine Landry, Canada

Bryan, Texas
9 attraction reviews
“Wonderful day!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2012

My husband and I took the Florence to Siena tour on our honeymoon. The views were beyond spectacular. After several busy days in Rome followed by Florence, it was refreshing to see the gorgeous countryside. Marco is a fantastic and kind guide... my husband and I are biking beginners--especially when it comes to those hills--and Marco was there to help us along the entire way.

We also enjoyed the wine tasting and few hours to relax and tour Siena at the end of the ride. We happened to stumble upon a chocolate festival in Siena. What a perfect way to end a day biking 45km! Haha. :)

Thanks, Marco for giving us such a fantastic day in Tuscany! Our tour mate--the reviewer below, Alex, was also a lot of fun!

Visited March 2012