“we're spoiled” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #54 of 461 Hotels in Florence
n eastham ma
“we're spoiled”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We have been enjoying our stays at Hotel Silla since (my wife tells me) 2000! Six visits(sorry Jani says seven).We continue to return for all the best reasons 1st the staff, the best ,warm, helpful ,knowledgeable,accomodating and rapidly responsive.2nd clean-clean and comfortable
3rd Location- Location-Location. One bridge from the Ponte Vecchio -But, altrarno, so, very close to all Centro Storico Florence has to offer.We are going back as soon as we can! I would go tomorrow -but I have to get the candy packets ready for Halloween first.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
  • Polish first
Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Having been to Florence before, I knew that this time I wanted to stay on the "quiet" side of the Arno river--referred to as the "Otro Arno." After searching on Trip Advisor--and reading the positive reviews-- I was pleased to find the Silla Hotel. My husband and I stayed 3 nights in late September and were impressed with the accommodations, the staff and the setting. The location is a short walk to everything a Firenze tourist wants to see. Besides being less crowded and noisy, a plus is that the area around the Silla retains a more "neighborhood" feel than the other side of the river---what we prefer when we travel. There are very good restaurants within a short walk of the Silla and we were happy that they attract some locals as well as tourists from other parts of Europe--not just Americans. The Hotel Silla staff are all first rate--from the helpful, pleasant front desk, to the lovely breakfast room attendants who bring cappuccinos on request, and the kind housekeepers who greet you in the hallway.
I recommend the Silla to anyone seeking a quiet location, comfortable and clean rooms, great staff and excellent value in Firenze.

Room Tip: We stayed on a high floor, with a room overlooking the terrace. When leaves are off the trees, woul...
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2012

Didn't quite know what to expect from the hotel, since it was part of a European travel package. Surprisingly the double room at the Silla Hotel was clean, spacious, quiet and close to Piazza Michelangelo. Even though it's located in a neighborhood across the bridge, it was nice to be walking distance AWAY from all the tourist traps in Florence and enjoy the neighborhood hang outs - local bars, restaurants, parks and artist shops not usually frequented by tourists. I would choose Hotel Silla again for a great stay in Florence.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

My family of 4 stayed here in August 2011. There are very few choices if you want a "quad" room in Florence and the rest of Italy. The room we had was very large with a double and two single beds. It was clean and bright with a decent size bathroom. I can't comment on the size or condition of other quest rooms.The hotel is in a great location for tourists but probably not so desirable for business travelers. It is on a quiet street about 1/2 block south of the Arno river and about 2 blocks from the Ponte Veechio and about 4 blocks from the Duomo. There is a terrace overlloking the street where breakfast is served (mostly pastries- no eggs or pancakes etc. There was also (free) street parking on the area streets. I liked the hotel.3 stars is a fair rating.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Hotel Silla with another couple on our first visit to Florence. The hotel is just across the river, within walking distance from all the famous attractions. Massimo, the concierge and desk manager couldn't have been more helpful. The staff was polite and attentive to our needs. The breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a quiet area. Don't forget an evening walk long along the river Arno.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

This hotel is a little unusual in its entranceway in that you pass through a courtyard and the reception is on the second floor. The staff members are welcoming, the breakfast on the terrace is good but by far the best thing about it is its location, quite close to the Ponte Vecchio and Plazza della Signoria with the copy of Michael Angelo’s “David”, where you will find plenty of restaurants and entertainment.

Advantages of Hotel Silla is not only is it close to the main tourist part of the town, just a few minutes walk by the river are that it is in a quiet area and it has a locked up car park. It costs extra but as I once had my car broken into in Florence I felt safer with it locked away from prying eyes.

The members of staff were welcoming and the breakfast on the terrace was something to look forward to. In view of the location I thought the hotel was good value as Florence is expensive and I was hampered with the car.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Livermore, Calif.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

This was our first trip to Europe so not knowing anything a travel agent helped with reservations, Silla Hotel was perfect, I loved being on the other side of the river, and we were able to walk everywhere. Staff was very friendly, breakfast was good, lots of choices. It was very clean. I would recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: I think facing the front of the hotel is more pleasant than the side rooms.
hotelsilla, Owner at Silla Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thanks a lot for such a wonderful review, it is truly a pleasure to know guests are so satisfied by our service.
Come and visit us again soon!

Been to Silla Hotel? Share your experiences!