“Our most favorite memory of Italy” 5 of 5 stars

Viale Fratelli Rosselli 78, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #99 of 539 Florence B&B and Inns
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Lexington, South Carolina
“Our most favorite memory of Italy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

My husband, son and I stayed here in July 2013. This was our first stop in Italy and by far our greatest memory. We never found another person in Italy that loves their hometown more than Marco. Our room was comfortable but nothing can compare to how welcome Marco made us feel. We definitely will return if we are fortunate enough to return to Florence.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Korean first
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

This simple BnB is one hell of a gem. I wasn't having high hopes as I had some horrible stays in other European countries before. But I was pleasantly surprised. What really impressed me was the passion that Marco have for his city. Before we ventured out he gave us a nice history lesson on Florence, places to go, things to see and recommended places where locals eat (very important to a foodie like me!). He also speaks perfect english and was nice enough to give us his mobile in case we get lost in the city. I must add that his very pretty lady assistant and his wife were also very hospitable and welcome us every morning with smiles. I totally enjoyed my stay here and will definitely recommend it to everyone!

Thanks again to Marco and company for everything - the warm welcome, the dinner recommendations-so good that we went back twice!, the chocolate bar and the home made jam (which is to die for!). All the best to you! Ciao! :)

• Stayed October 2013
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

From the moment you book this B & B you feel well looked after. They send you a personal e-mail with directions, tips for your stay and if you want they will book galleries, etc. for you. It is located within close walking distance to the train station and they send you information about how to get there from the airport. When you get there they give you a map and so much information about Florence it makes your stay better as you get more done. They recommend great places to eat, drink and see. The rooms are lovely, but breakfast is superb. If you book a tour and have to leave early, don't worry they provide for that too. My only critism is that it is located on a busy street corner, but most hotels are on busy streets. However, they have double glazed windows and extra shutters to keep the noise out. Great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Tete, Mozambique
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

It is hard to describe how perfect this B&B was...the friendliness and warmth of the staff is astonishing! From the time of booking, Federica was very attentive and friendly, she booked for me, free of any charge, all the tours including the visits to the museums/gallerias. When I arrived, she gave me very good tips about Florence, and also gave me her manager cellphone so I could contact in case anything happen. It was very attentive...
The B&B it self is perfect! The rooms are very big, the beds are huges, it is clean, safe and the breakfast is excellent! Everyday there was a different cake to taste...One day I had an early tour, around 7h30am, nevertheless Federica managed to leave breakfast for me.
Its localitions is also perfect, really close to the train station, and just few minutes from the historic center. I loved it and recommend it!!

Room Tip: Every rooms are perfect!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

There is nothing much more to say about this wonderful place that other visitors haven't already said! If you wish to experience a genuine Florentine B&B and ambience, this is the place to stay. Nothing is too much trouble for the owners & there was even a really kind e-mail waiting for us when we got home, thanking us for staying with them. Marco (who we didn't have the pleasure of meeting during our short stay), offered to go down to the Ponte Vecchio to take photographs of the shops there, when I mentioned in my response to their e-mail that I had been trying to find contact details for a shop (as I regretted not buying an item there and was hoping they might take online orders). Marco went as far as offering to purchase the item and post it to us himself if the shop didn't ship orders, and that is an indication of the type of people the owners are - truly amazing! The rooms are luxurious, with authentic Italian features coupled with modern comforts like free Wi-Fi and free air-conditioning. However, this luxury is extremely affordable. I would urge everyone to visit Florence at least once, and to stay in this B&B. It is more like a perfect little hotel than a B&B, and is secure, beautiful, and within walking distance of everything. One other tip for travellers: Vivoli is NOT the best gelato in Florence - that accolade is reserved for the wonderful Le Botteghe di Leonardo, at Via Valori - not to be missed! Book yourselves into Il Marzocco and have an amazing Florentine adventure. We will definitely be returning!

Via Valori, 12, Florence, Italy

Room Tip: We had reserved a small double room, but were offered a larger room that had become available for on...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Milano Marittima, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We stayed in a triple room, I booked B&B Il Marzocco as i wanted my mom and aunt to experience a bit of local italian touch.. B&B Il Marzocco was the excellent choice regarding the design of the room, breakfast and services. B&B Il Marzocco is located near the main station, 5 mins walk.. the services at B&B Il Marzocco is very nice and friendly. we stayed 2 nights and were very satisfied with the service, cleanness and the room conditions. the suggested a very nice local trattoria which was also very reasonable and nice! i would recommend those that want to experience a touch of rich, local italian B&B in firenze!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Federica and Marco were fabulous hosts! They took great care to make sure that we knew where we were going on the map (nearly everything was within walking distance), and suggested some very nice restaurants. The breakfasts were delicious and filling (as others said, much thanks to Marco's wife!), and the rooms were clean and spacious. Most importantly, the beds were very comfortable. The latter was repeated over and over throughout the week by my 7 travel companions since we were all so impressed. I will definitely stay at B&B Il Marzocco again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Il Marzocco Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!