“Trully my friend!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #150 of 520 Florence B&B and Inns
Singapore, Singapore
“Trully my friend!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed for 1 night in a mixed dorm at My Friends during our stay in Florence (June 2014). The hostel is located within walking distance from the main train station (SM Novela) and is near the city centre. The place was comfortably small and clean. The bed was comfortable and the room was spacious enough to accommodate 6 people. What makes My Friends stand out from other hostels at which I stayed while traveling to other cities in Italy, is its super friendly and helpful innkeeper. Upon our arrival, she gave us drinks and a map of Florence. She indicated on the map useful info like where to go and what to eat (especially the affordable and delicious ones!). She even helped us send our clothes for laundry service so that we wouldn't waste time to do it ourselves and we could focus on exploring the city at ease. To go beyond her call of duty, she treated us with 2 bottles of beer (she said that was for us being her polite guests from Singapore :-)). That's so nice of her, four thumbs up! No wonder the hostel won Best Staff Award from Trip Advisor before. So, if you are looking for a nice place to stay in Florence that makes you feel like home, do look for My Friends! :-)

• Stayed June 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Canberra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just a short stroll from the main train station you come across this delight of a place through one of the cobblestone streets. From the moment my sister and I arrived we felt very welcomed by Nadina. She was very lovely and gave us some great tips about what to see and do in Florence including great places to eat. She recommended an amazing pizza place and a gelato place and let me tell you we were definitely not let down. We loved the location, very central and had a safe feeling to it. The only problem was that so many people shared one small bathroom. But this was to be expected in a hostel environment. Otherwise I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is after cheap accommodation with lovely and helpful hosts, great filling breakfast as well! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at My Friends Guesthouse on our third night in Europe and felt very comfortable. Nadina, the manager is sweet, welcoming and helpful. She gives you a very detailed map of the main attractions, restaurants, gelato, cafés, pubs, and markets upon arrival which is quite helpful. The breakfast includes pastries, croissants, jams and jellies, coffee, tea, etc. We enjoyed our stay and recommend her hostel endlessly.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This place was really good. The hostess is on top of everything. She gives you great information on the city including all the great local food and gelato tips. Which really set Florence up to be some of the best food on my 2 month trip. She is also really nice. The location is about 5 min from the train station and all the main sights are within 20 minutes walk. All through nice areas. The hostel is small but offers single beds which is really nice. Free breakfast every morning and tea and coffee whenever.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Orleans, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a gem. It's small and clean. I felt very comfortable and content here. The lady who runs the hostel is really cool. Beds were really comfortable, I had a bedside light, I liked that. It's location is ideal. You can get tea or coffee in the kitchen any time. I'd highly recommend it, especially to anyone travelling on their own.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My friends hostel is super close to the train station, beds comfortable and the morning coffee and breakfast yummy! The people I met at this hostel were some of the best, and the atmosphere very positive and friendly. Nadina is one of the best hosts i've had, she is so sweet and welcoming! I would definitely recommend My Friends hostel, all of Nadina's food recommendations, and staying a few nights to get to know the other travelers! I loved my time in Florence thanks to Nadina and I hope to come again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Been to My Friends Guesthouse? Share your experiences!