“Excellent hostel, great hosts and ideal location” 5 of 5 stars

My Friends Guesthouse
Via Faenza, 66, Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #135 of 556 Florence B&B and Inns
Canberra, Australia
“Excellent hostel, great hosts and ideal location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Just a short stroll from the main train station you come across this delight of a place through one of the cobblestone streets. From the moment my sister and I arrived we felt very welcomed by Nadina. She was very lovely and gave us some great tips about what to see and do in Florence including great places to eat. She recommended an amazing pizza place and a gelato place and let me tell you we were definitely not let down. We loved the location, very central and had a safe feeling to it. The only problem was that so many people shared one small bathroom. But this was to be expected in a hostel environment. Otherwise I would definitely recommend this to anyone who is after cheap accommodation with lovely and helpful hosts, great filling breakfast as well! :)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Snohomish, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

We stayed at My Friends Guesthouse on our third night in Europe and felt very comfortable. Nadina, the manager is sweet, welcoming and helpful. She gives you a very detailed map of the main attractions, restaurants, gelato, cafés, pubs, and markets upon arrival which is quite helpful. The breakfast includes pastries, croissants, jams and jellies, coffee, tea, etc. We enjoyed our stay and recommend her hostel endlessly.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Concord, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

This place was really good. The hostess is on top of everything. She gives you great information on the city including all the great local food and gelato tips. Which really set Florence up to be some of the best food on my 2 month trip. She is also really nice. The location is about 5 min from the train station and all the main sights are within 20 minutes walk. All through nice areas. The hostel is small but offers single beds which is really nice. Free breakfast every morning and tea and coffee whenever.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Orleans, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

This is a gem. It's small and clean. I felt very comfortable and content here. The lady who runs the hostel is really cool. Beds were really comfortable, I had a bedside light, I liked that. It's location is ideal. You can get tea or coffee in the kitchen any time. I'd highly recommend it, especially to anyone travelling on their own.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

My friends hostel is super close to the train station, beds comfortable and the morning coffee and breakfast yummy! The people I met at this hostel were some of the best, and the atmosphere very positive and friendly. Nadina is one of the best hosts i've had, she is so sweet and welcoming! I would definitely recommend My Friends hostel, all of Nadina's food recommendations, and staying a few nights to get to know the other travelers! I loved my time in Florence thanks to Nadina and I hope to come again!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Quezon City, Philippines
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time in Florence, thanks to Ms. Nadina who is very accommodating and so friendly. The name My Friends is really appropriate to the place because of her. She made us feel welcome and much more like a family. I had an upset stomach and she was very concerned to the point that she gave me a medicine to take. The place is also safe though there are a lot of guests. She makes it a point to talk to us and know what we need. The place is also near the train station and famous tourist spots. Just a walking distance.....

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to My Friends Guesthouse? Share your experiences!