“awesome hostel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #179 of 507 Florence B&B and Inns
Auckland, New Zealand
“awesome hostel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013

my friends guesthouse is a friendly, well-run hostel. Elio was very welcoming and made you feel at home. He gives great tips on what to see and do in Florence and Tuscany and is easy to chat to. The breakfast was great. There is free printing and wifi. The hostel is also very clean. Elio was very kind and helpful after I found my wallet stolen in Florence. Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo

72 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

My Friends guesthouse is just brilliant. Elio was amazing and welcomed us in, he got straight into checking us in and then showing us a map and circling all the sites that we could see during the 2 days we were in Florence. He also pointed out some really great places to eat which were cheap and absolutely delicious. Every morning he made us breakfast and was always happy, cheerful and so friendly. He even got us a proper Italian expresso on our last morning. Our room was clean, tidy and the beds were comfy. Free internet, breakfast and a courtyard to enjoy it in - what more could you want? Bathrooms were clean and although there were only 2 we didn't have to wait too long - if at all. The location was great and it was easy to walk everywhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Calgary, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My Friends Hostel was the most hospitible I have ever stayed in! Breakfast in the morning was great, there were no hidden fees (ie linen rental), an excellent overview of sights and good eats were provided as soon as I arrived. I even had a late train to catch and they let me come back and shower well after I had checked out so I could be fresh for the trip ahead!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2013

Perfect location near the train station and leather markets. Walking distance to almost everywhere worth seeing.

If there ever was a map worth its weight in gold it is Nadina's. She spends time going over and customising it for every guest.

Such a cosy establishment makes it easy to socialise and form travelling groups during your stay.

The bathroom situation is negligible for the amount of people staying here (too many spoilt brats complaining... go stay at the Hilton around the corner if you want your own bathroom), and the fact that they are kept clean the whole time says a lot for the effort put into this hostel... there are much larger hostels that have a much worse ratio of Bathrooms to Guests, and are also filthy.

This trip I started in a 5 Star Suite in Dubai, then a 4 Star suite in Milan. Yes, the beds were better but I was there for different reasons than Florence. Regardless, my stay at My Friends was immensely more enjoyable. Atmosphere, Social, Welcoming beyond description...

Nadina and Elio have got it right and it is my greatest hope to return for another visit as they grow their business.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Annapolis, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

Nadina was absolutely wonderful. So incredibly friendly and helpful, gives you a decent map of the city and helps you figure out what to see and where to eat. The hostel itself was in a great location, right near the train/bus station and an easy walk to main attractions. Free wireless access, but no computer. The hostel was a bit cramped, and the beds, etc seemed a bit worn, not a lot of central hang-out space. I would recommend simply because of Nadina, but otherwise, pretty average.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Edmonton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

I cannot say enough about this hostel. First of all, it's a 3 minute walk from the train station which was sooooo helpful. Nadina is an angel. Made us breakfast whenever we woke up. Although there were only two bathrooms like a lot of people have complained about, we all have to remember that this place has only been open for a year. The wifi was uncomplicated and free - no passwords or stupid log ins. The living quarters, while small, were very clean and well kept. The biggest closets with that you can lock up all of your stuff in. This hostel is definitely a quieter one but there is a big hostel about 5 minutes away that you can party at. I would definitely come back to this hostel FOR SURE.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

This is a perfect location. Right next to the train station and a five minute walk to the duomo. Couldn't have asked for a better location. The owner was the nicest man I have ever met. He was so caring and helpful. Each morning he would prepare us a lovely breakfast and bring it out to us on a tray. He also gave us free bottles of wine! The rooms were clean and comfortable. Everyone was very friendly and it was a quiet hostel. I hope to return!

• Stayed April 2013

Been to My Friends Guesthouse? Share your experiences!