“Great location, Outstanding host!” 5 of 5 stars

You added My Friends Guesthouse to your Saves list
My Friends Guesthouse
Via Faenza, 66, Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #143 of 522 Florence B&B and Inns
“Great location, Outstanding host!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

I had the most wonderful stay at My Friends Guesthouse. The location was excellent - an easy walking distance from everywhere in the city. It was also clean, and felt very safe and secure. But the highlight was definitely the host, Nadina. I am yet to meet a more welcoming, generous and just generally wonderful person in my travels! She went out of her way to make sure your stay great - breakfast is personally brought out to you every morning whenever you want it, and every evening Nadina would bring out wine and snacks for everyone to share - such a great way to meet the other people staying there. I would recommend Nadina and her hospitality to anyone.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Portici, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I had a great experience in this Hostel; the location was perfect, the room was very clean, the price was cheap and above all the staff was lovely and pleasant, as you were among FRIENDS!!!

I had an amazing time there, I heartily recommend it!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012 via mobile

Small hostel, with only a few guests. Very quiet, but everyone was nice. Nadina, the owner, did everything to make our stay pleasant. Great breakfast. Walking distance to the Duomo (around 15 minutes) and other touristic places. Also very near the Santa Maria Novella station, so it`s easy to get there. No downside, the place was great!!

• Stayed September 2012
Nottingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

We visited Florence for two nights and nadina was our very friendly host! She has recently taken over the place and it is a work in progress, but still very comfortable and an absolutely bargain for the price. Nadina, the host, makes the place. She is very friendly and pointed out all te good places to eat and see- the food recommendation was fantastic! Te only down side to the place is the amount of mosquitoes flying around the place as it is open plan, other than this the places is great for a few days in a beautiful city and I'm sure it will go from strength to strength. Quick note - she works in partnership with the hotel upstairs and this is also a great cheap and clean place to stay in the heart of Florence!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Reason for the 5 star rating is not the facilities but really because of Nnadina-the new lovely lady owner of this guest house. I felt like I was visiting my Italian friend and staying at her house, and I've also made a friend! This is exactly the feeling one gets at my friends.

As many have said, the new owner is Nadina, she just took over the hostel about a few months ago. Nadina is great, you can sense her eagerness to do well and am always trying her best to accommodate you. The place is being upgraded, like a new shower room already in place, some rooms were already repainted etc.

I stayed in a single room w shared bathroom. The room is huge n I had my own tv, there was a fan, so it's cooling. I saw the dorm beds had lockers which are good.

I think for the price, one shldnt be expecting a 5 star hotel. Room is decent, clean, toilet ok, in short facilitate are alright, but it's really Nadina that makes a diff!

You can do your laundry for free which is good considering that few places in Italy offer that. Just think of this as visiting your friend's place, you get all assistance you need but you won't expect your friend to offer a super pOsh room etc will you?

Nadina even helps you to book tours as she can get a discounted rate. You can get everything done here.

For first timers, this is definitely a gd place to stay as u get to chat w e lovely host n met other travellers.

Location is gd. 15min walk to termini stn n there is a supermarket along the way.

What really surprised me was I MSG Nadina that I'll be arriving at 6 as my train was delayed and when making my way to the place, I bumped into her on the streets. I was asking for directions to be sure I was on the right path and she offered her help and what a coincidence! It turns out she was planning to go to the termini to see if she can catch me! Now even 5 star hotels don't offer that!

• Stayed August 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Nadina 's hostel is a lovely little homestay in the city center of Florence.
It is clean and quiet.
Breakfasts are tasty and the hosts make you really feel like home !
It is a place for fellow travellers willing to share space and stories after a day at the museums !
Definitely recommended !

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Nadina, the new owner, is currently renovating the place and constantly goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. From the free breakfast and coffee to the clean sheets and big pillows, everything is more than worth the small price to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012

Been to My Friends Guesthouse? Share your experiences!