“A really friendly place in the heart of Florence !” 5 of 5 stars

You added My Friends Guesthouse to your Saves list
My Friends Guesthouse
Via Faenza, 66, Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #142 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
“A really friendly place in the heart of Florence !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

Nadina 's hostel is a lovely little homestay in the city center of Florence.
It is clean and quiet.
Breakfasts are tasty and the hosts make you really feel like home !
It is a place for fellow travellers willing to share space and stories after a day at the museums !
Definitely recommended !

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Nadina, the new owner, is currently renovating the place and constantly goes out of her way to make you feel welcome. From the free breakfast and coffee to the clean sheets and big pillows, everything is more than worth the small price to stay here.

• Stayed July 2012
Tel Aviv, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2012

i and my wife arrived on the 16.6.2012 stayed for two nights .we where greeted by the new owner nadina instead of ivan .nadina is super !!! she helped us with every thing we needed .all the rooms are getting a new decoration paind so forget any review that where writen before the 15.06.2012
we had a great time in florence and very much recommend the bew my friends !!!!!
thanks again nadina !!!
esther and zvi

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2011

After an excellent stay in sorrento and capri, this Florence guesthouse was a real dissappointment. Ivan the keeper of the guesthouse was nice and accomodative and even picked us up from the station, but the guesthouse was very bad. First since it was on the main road and we got the road facing room, it was loud and even after closing the windows (which by the way made the room hot as it was hot in florence in sept) it did not make the noise any less. after no sleep at night, we experienced our first COLD showers and not just that day, but for the next 3 days in a row, whatever time we got up - early or late, we had cold showers! ofcourse we were given all excuses abt never happening before and the couple in next room used up all hot water...excuse me is this italy or what? there was no breakfast as promised, no wi-fi and overall extremely bad experience. Except for the location, because it was close to the duomo, but then there were nicer places close to the center and duomo so dont take this as a plus point at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Ivan R, Responsabile reception at My Friends Guesthouse, responded to this review, January 2, 2012
This history is full of mystery. This girls denounced that they could have a hot shower in three days. They have been unlucky because, everytime we tested the shower when they were out of the room, the shower was hot indeed.
I just don't understand why, when I asked to test the shower in their presence, they didn't want to !!!!
Why should they have told me a lie about the shower ? As I said before ... mystery !
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

Everything was okay. Room bathroom location and so on..
We thought breakfast included but he didn't say anything about it. And we also didn't know that he cleaning the room. We did laundry and I hanged my underwear on the wall. But after I came back to the room, my bra was hanged like strange.(not as like I always hang it) and trash cans were empty.it means someone came into the room. I felt really terrible..

• Stayed September 2011
Coming into our guests room to empty the dustbins and to verify the level of soap and presence of toilette paper is usual for us.
We try not to touch anything but this girls filled up their room with clothes on wires to get dry (besides all we ask not to wash clothes in the room).
Hebei, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2009

We are students in Rome and we found this little cozy place in the centre of the artistic Florence.
The room was very clean and quite large for two people, with a comfortable bathroom and some services like breakfast room service which are typical of more expensive hotels.
Beds seemed new and we liked all the decorations.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2009

Definitely more for hostelers, not the most romantic place in a supposedly romantic city. Close to the train station which has obvious advantages but also some unexpected disadvantages due to the hectic nature of the area. Ivan was the most polite and accommodating host which really added a personal touch. He did give us our own room intended for 5-6 people; however, the sheets and amenities were starting to wear and the bathroom was less than desirable, although a pretty standard Italian-style facility with the shower as part of the room. Close to the most historic attractions, including the Duomo as well as plenty of restaurants, shops, and coffee places. A perfect place for backpackers or groups but I would probably choose another place first.

• Stayed September 2008, traveled as a couple

Been to My Friends Guesthouse? Share your experiences!