Traveling through Italy, this is the lowest point of our journey. This is not anywhere towards the center of the city. The only decent thing about this hotel is that its close to the airport. But if you are coming into town to see places, its a hassle to go to the city center by bus of by cab which tends to get expensive.
We traveled with a family of 5 with one kid at 10 months. I specifically requested that we needed to check in by noon but when we get to the hotel, we were very rudely told to wait till 0300 PM since thats the check in time and the room is not ready either. Giving them the benefit of the doubt, I requested that they try and make the room ready as soon as they can since I am traveling with 3 kids and after a long journey they need to get some rest. At 0100 PM, I was told that the room is still not ready. It doesn't take 1 hr to get the room ready but I patiently waited but by 0200 PM my patience ran out since the kids were all tired and hungry and couldn't wait to get to the room and relax. At 0215 PM, I asked the lady at the counter that if the room is not ready in the next 15 mins, I will cancel my reservation and move elsewhere. I had the keys available in the next 5 mins.
Why go through all of this nonsense? I am all about following the policies but you are in a hospitality business and this just didn't make sense. At the end, only if they would have been nicer about the whole check in, I wouldn't have any problem waiting till 0300 PM. It was purely the rude and complete disregard that completely threw us off.
Still, you can't dismiss the entire hotel and give it 1 star based on your interaction at the reception and I hope that was the case but sadly it isn't. The decor of the room was from the 80's. The mattresses were hard and uncomfortable. TV's were 19" or even smaller. You can't see anything on it. I am all about saving electricity but extremely low Watts for the energy savers were used which are good if you want to have a romantic evening but you can read anything with those lights and I had all of them on.
Its a policy of this establishment that they will provide you with a number of soaps, bath rolls and other amenities. Once you run out of them, you can go down to the reception and buy the new ones. Refills will not be provided. Seriously???
The towels provided are simply horrible and have a very bad odor on them. Some very heavy industrial chemical detergent is used to wash the towels and you simply can't use them. No complimentary breakfast is provided. If you have a car, parking is not free and they will charge 10 Euro per night. Neighborhood is very bad and I recommend not to walk late at night.
This hotel is good only if you want to be near the airport. I will never recommend this hotel to anyone and will never come back to stay at it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Quadra Key Residence in Florence represents the perfect union between apartment comfort and hotel service, perfect for anybody seeking the freedom of an independent solution whilst enjoying pleasurable moments of relaxation and comfort. Sophisticated decor, combined with resources such as multilingual staff to assist in organising visits to museums and private degustation tours, ensuring your holiday is truly unforgettable. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Despegar.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Quadra Key Residence reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quadra Key Residence Florence
- Quadra Key Residence Hotel Florence