“Reasonable price but a few issues” 4 of 5 stars

Book early, up to 25% off
Ranked #103 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston
“Reasonable price but a few issues”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

I booked this Hilton Garden as the price was reasonable and they could accomodate 4 people in one room (a junior suite) which is very rare for Europe. The suite price was only slightly higher than a normal room which is also unusual. I knew the place was outside the city center but the tradeoff is a larger and more quieter place which is what we experienced. One thing I really liked were the electronic window blinds which really darkened the room and gave us a good nights rest. The staff were all very nice and tried to solve problems - they let me use the office computer because the business center computers weren't working (this sounds like an on-going problem from other reviews)

As others have mentioned, the AC was mediocre and we actually were given different rooms at check-in because of an AC problem with the suite (which was fine with us). Poor AC is very common in Europe and I thought the Hilton Garden was okay but don't expect really cold rooms even with the AC on max.

I thought the breakfast was good, especially for Europe where some ham, bread and cheese is the norm. They had omletttes to order, waffles and other hot dishes along with a nice buffet of cold items.

We didn't use the laundry, but it is conviently located at the -1 level and they had a wash sink in the laundry room as well as machines. The parking is also really nice - a spacious garage under the hotel.

It's a nice option for Florence, especially if you're driving because going into central Florence with a car is a challenge( and it's a restricted area.) I think the issues they are having are kind of growing pains so they should get better with time.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
GMHILTONFLRNV, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Guest,

first of all I would like to thank you and I appreciate your time spent for your detailed comment.

I am sure you will understand that the satisfaction of our customers is very important to us so, thanks to your suggestions, we will take the opportune action to avoid any future lack of this kind of service.

I look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the future.

Resident Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Trieste
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

I often stay at this hotel for business reasons since its opening a few years ago, and it is my favorite in the area. Location is convenient for me, close to Firenze Nord highway exit and to the airport, however it is not in downtown Florence, but I know shuttle buses are arranged and public transport is close. The hotel is located in a brand new residential area (it was not completed when I came the previous years) and there is a nice park just in front where you can run or just walk and relax.
Rooms are very clean, spacious, décor is modern style, there is a convenient “Pantry Store” close to reception where you can buy drinks and snacks so I would not complain about the empty minibar fridge, I much better like buying fresh items myself than taking dubious aged things from a hotel minibar.
The bed is very comfortable and rooms are quite noise-proof.
There is a gym at third floor, not very big but with top brand equipment and large TV screen.
There is free internet, breakfast/dining room is very nicely decorated and there is vast choice at breakfast buffet, with option for ordering ‘real’ espresso or cappuccino served at your table instead of cheap self-service machine-made ones you often see in Italian hotels.
All the ground floor area is decorated with an international library and it is possible to borrow the books for the time of your stay (all topics from Italian art to classics to modern main authors, in English)
I sometimes have dinner here as well, level is quite good again comparing on what you can get on average Italian hotels and plenty of choices including vegetarian.
The staff is always extremely helpful and caring, sometimes I noticed when dealing with large noisy groups of guests (typical tourists to Firenze) they seem to panic a bit ;-)
Overall I always like to come back here, this hotel is one of my comfort points during a business trip in Firenze.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

your words perfectly describe the wonders of our Hotel and we would like to thank you for sharing your experience with the Tripadvisor users.
We paid attention to every detail in the structure and we are happy when our customers are surprised and fascinated.

We really hope to welcome you soon!

los angeles
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

The Hilton Garden Inn in Florence is a great hotel. Looks like it is a new hotel so the rooms were really nice. The service we got at the hotel was also great. The staff at the hotel was really helpful in guiding us. I will like to give a shout out to Matteo at the reception who was really helpful.

The breakfast in the morning at the restaurant was also great.

Room Tip: The hotel is not in the historic city center but taxis are available to get there easily.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMHILTONFLRNV, Direttore at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Guest,

we really thank you for your comment and for the wonderful title of your review!
It is a great satisfaction to know that we were able to make special your stay at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli and I'm sure that Matteo will be so happy reading your good words!

Hoping to welcome you again

Greenville, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while traveling around Europe. We decided to stay at a traditional American hotel for our time in Florence since the price was very reasonable for the area, the reviews were positive, the hotel seemed very clean based on reviews and pictures (I'm a clean freak/hotel snob), and I'm a Hilton Honors member (I have only had positive experiences with Hilton). The hotel is not located in central historic Florence, but it is a reasonable bus ride away. The bus stop is located less than a 5 minute walk from the hotel entrance and costs, if I remember correctly, 1.70 Euro per person per ride (very reasonable) which you can purchase at the hotel front desk. It will take you directly to the city center and return you to the same bus stop point. I will warn you that the bus can get very, very crowded! The taxi ride from the train station to the hotel is 10 Euro--which was reasonable since we arrived really late and didn't feel like navigating the bus system at that hour, but otherwise I would recommend taking the bus--again for 1.70 a ride. Overall, the hotel was very clean--room and bathroom (very nice bathroom!). However, my biggest "cleanliness" negative is that they do not use mattress protectors on their bed mattresses nor have them available, which was very gross to me. They claim that they have this moisture wicking wool topper for the mattresses that they check and wash regularly--whatever that means. It was so disgusting for me to think that I was sleeping on one sheet covering this topper that had other people's body sweat in it--gross!! I went down to the front desk to ask for another top sheet to at least give me another layer of protection. They were very accommodating with that, at least. Also, apparently the hotel was having a mosquito problem when we visited. We killed about 4 of them in our room and my husband got bit twice on his face while we stayed there. After the fact, we were told about the problem and that we could have requested a mosquito repelling device to plug into the electrical socket. It would have been nice to have been told this upon check-in instead of after filling out the hotel's review survey, which the hotel manager did write me back via email, which was good to know that they take pride in the hotel's upkeep and customer service. Also, the rooms aren't well-insulated, so you can hear your neighbors and people in the hallways. We were very tired so we didn't have a huge problem with that. They do have one laundry washer and dryer in the basement that you can purchase coins for 5 Euro each to use--very expensive but at least convenient since we had packed both warm and cool weather clothes but had to keep using our cool weather clothes as the temperature was unseasonably cold during that time of year. The laundry is only available during certain hours, so plan accordingly. You also may need to wait in line to use it. The front desk staff was very helpful and patient--answering the many questions that we had about the area. The breakfast buffet was fabulous in terms of a decent breakfast with variety! The coffee was amazing!! I still rave about it--it is very strong Italian coffee but doing 1/2 coffee and 1/2 cream with some sugar is fabulous! Also, their freshly squeezed juices were great as well. Some other American customers were complaining a lot about the breakfast, but we had no problems. I would definitely recommend this hotel and would stay here again for its location, helpfulness, and general cleanliness, but just be forewarned about the mattresses if you are very particularly like me.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room with a view of the church/park--very nice views!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir/Madam,

thank you very much for your recent stay with us and posting your valued comments on the
TripAdvisor website. Although we have appreciated your overall good score on the hotel we
have been worried for some of the negative comments and would like to specify specially
regard to your biggest “cleanliness” issue. The topping of our special GSS beds is 100% all-natural Australian virgin wool cover wicks moisture from the body, keeping you warm in winter, cool in summer and dry all time. According to the manufacturer indications and as per our Brand Standard, beds are regularly inspected and toppings washed and dried.

Regarding mosquitoes, specially during the period of your recent stay, they are more frequent
although upon request we provide some specific electrical appliances to plug in the rooms and
avoid inconveniences. Your feedback is very important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level
of services and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements.

Once again thank you for your truly valuable comments. I hope that we will be able to look
Forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli.

With best and kindest regards,

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

Great spot for 2 nights with 4. Parents with kids, staff is awesome !! love the workers at this Hotel hate to check out in the am. Breakfast was great and all the staff! Taxi to downtown was average in cost. Lina was great because my CC did not work.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

thank you for your kind words posted on Tripadvisor and for taking the time to review our Hotel.
We are waiting for your return and we really hope to welcome you again soon.

Best regards
michigan, USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here 5 nights in early July. As others mentioned - location lacking, not much around. Taxi or bus required. We found the grocery store and that saved us on water, snacks and wine. Laundry was nice to have in hotel. Wi-fi very poor the whole time. Even computers in business center didn't work half the time, I had to go to the front desk many times to have them reset. Dinner was decent - menu limited for dinner we felt. Breakfast poor most days we were there. They ran out of eggs! Most of the staff was pleasant. Rooms comfortable, but air controlled, which wasn't good when it as in the 90s. Seems to be a stop on the tour bus route.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
GMHILTONFLRNV, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this review, September 7, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

first of all we would like to thank you very much for your recent stay with us and taking the time to post your comment on the TripAdvisor website. We would like to apologize for your experiencing poor internet connection. We have both LAN cable connection in the rooms as well as wi-fi in both rooms and public areas. We understand the frustration when line is going down and people is working on the internet. This is the reason why we have recently decided to change provider and move forward to the Official Hilton Worldwide Vendor iBahn. By end of September/early October the whole line in the hotel will be boostered in order not to have these kind of issues anymore in the future. I wanted to personallty excuse with you.
As for the tour buses usually mid of July until end of August is the period when they are travelling more to our city.
Feedback is always important as it is a vital way of reviewing the level of service and facilities we provide our guests so as to make improvements. Once again thank you for your comments.
I hope that we will be able to look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli. Thank you and kind regards.

Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

We stayed for 2 nights. You can easily travel into Florence by taxi from here for €12. The hotel is clean and bedrooms very comfortable.

But we did find the breakfast staff less than attentive - toasters switched off, hot water empty and they stood and chatted to each other.

Also, there were problems with the Wifi for Ipads and Iphones, so a bit frustrating.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMHILTONFLRNV, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli, responded to this review, August 9, 2012
Thank you for your posting on TripAdvisor.
We do apologize for the weak internet connection due to some challenges we have now partially fixed. During next month we will change provider and booster the system so that will be wow but do apologize with you for the inconveniences occurred. As for the breakfast Staff,
thanks for your valued comment, will further investigate and dig into this by monitoring and definitely improving the service as breakfast is vital for our Customers. Do really appreciate your cooperation and hope that this will not permanently tarnish your opinion of us. Kind regards,

HGI Florence Novoli

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Florence Novoli? Share your experiences!