“What a wonderful host! And excellent location!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sani Tourist House

You added Sani Tourist House to your Saves list
Sani Tourist House
2.0 of 5 Bed and Breakfast   |   Piazza dei Giuochi 1, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #360 of 553 Florence B&B and Inns
Medford Lakes, New Jersey, USA
“What a wonderful host! And excellent location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The b&b was very easy to find, and I was so excited to see it was right next to Dante's house and church! How cool. It's about a 2 minute walk from the Duomo as well. Very well located, walkable to everything.

The host was so helpful, telling us everything we needed to know, might want to know, and should know about the house, Florence, and anything else. He is very knowledgeable about his city. His restaurant recommendations were spot on and I was very grateful to visit real, local, non-touristy restaurants! He gave us pamphlets on all kinds of activities offered nearby too. Upon entering the room, he checked everything to make sure it worked: tv, closet doors, bathroom light, refrigerator, etc. He really cares about his guests and wants them to be comfortable, and anything you need you can ask, it's no problem for him. The bed was really comfortable and made every day. The shower was a little tight, but that's common in Italy (and Europe). There was good water pressure in the shower and the motion sensor light in the bathroom was helpful in the dark. Breakfast is in a cute little bakery just a block away and it's delicious! Perfect before exploring beautiful Florence.

Be careful if you're arriving late because the owner isn't there 24 hours and there may be a charge after 7:30, so plan accordingly. But before 7:30, just ring the doorbell and he'll buzz you right up. The elevator is a bit small if you have a lot of luggage but you can fit...better than walking up to the 3rd floor (4th by American standards).

The b&b was wonderful, in an excellent location, and with a super friendly and helpful owner. I really can't praise it enough and highly recommend anyone visiting Florence to stay here! You will walk in Dante's footsteps!

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Polish first
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2014

Remember this is a house not a hotel just confirm your reservation directly with the place not matter what search engine you use, it's located in a great area just behind Dante Alighieri's house and 2 blocks from the Duomo, Mr Sani is extremely nice, sweet and helpful, there was a problem with our reservation but he managed to give us a room, breakfast is in a great bakery close to hotel, nice, comfy and clean bed with private bathroom, you feel in a real Florentine house

Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Exeter, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2014

Its a cheap guest house in the centre of Florence. At night it was noisy from the street and I had issues with mosquitoes. (take note they bite).
Owner was very friendly, room was very small.
When I arrived the owner explained that he didn't have a room for me but had booked me into another hotel across the street for the first two nights. This was good because the other Hotel was very nice. After two nights the owner collected my luggage and took it to my room.
You get what you pay for and in Florence this is a cheap guest house, but sorry I don't recommend it.

Room Tip: Room number 2 is next to hotel entrance so can hear everyone coming and going. Private toilet was vi...
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled solo
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2014

I booked this guest-house with booking.com as I usually do. However, my flight got a 3h delay and, in consequence, I arrived 21:05 at the property in which I found a note containing the 2 e-mails he had been sending me since 19:40, telling that the guest-house was not a hotel with 24h service, that my reservation was cancelled as NO SHOW, and that I should not ring the bells. It is true that the policy states that the check-in was from 11:00 to 19:30, however some unpredictable events may occur to people in transit, and this kind of property should set up mechanisms to deal with it. In my case, I was able to call the number on my voucher when I got the note and when I identified myself, the man just mocked and let down the phone. When I tried again, it ranged forever and, after that, it was turned off. I did not expected the guest-house to provide service as it was a hotel with stars, nor was my intention to bother people on their rest time. However, considering the situation an as an exception, the owner could consider the possibility of telling me the directions where I could get the keys for example. Anything, rather than leaving his client on the street.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
ostegentile, Manager at Sani Tourist House, responded to this review, October 3, 2014
MESSAGE TO ALL POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS!!
=====================================

ALMOST ALL NEGATIVE COMMENTS RECEIVED ON THIS PORTAL ARE RELEASED FROM PEOPLE ARRIVED AT WRONG TIME!!!

WE ARE A GUEST HOUSE NOT AAVAILABLE 24 HOURS

RESERVATION IS NOT COMPULSORY AND NOBODY OBLIGES YOU TO RESERVE AT OUR PLACE

IF YOU DECIDE TO BOOK PLEASE RESPECT OUR RECEPTION TIMETABLE:
11,30AM - 07,30PM

YOU CAN SAVE A LOT OF MONEY WITH US STILL SLEEPING IN A DECENT/CLEAN/COZY ROOM IF JUST PAY A LITTLE ATTENTION

IF YOU ARE NOT CERTAIN OF YOUR TIMETABLE PLEASE DON'T BOOK AT OUR PLACE

MANY THANKS

This man reports only lies and he by himself admits to have arrived late but, to be more credible, invents stories. The real situation is as follow:
-check in dead line clearly visible on site presentation page was at 07,30pm
-he didn't arrive at 09,00pm as he pretends to say but at 10,15pm
-during all day he didn't do anything to keep in touch with us; he never answered our two emails sent during the day: one at 06,00pm and the second at 08,30pm after having been waiting for him for almost two more hours after 07,30pm dead line
-he made us wait all day without never keeping in touch, at least to explain that he would arrive late
-he writes then that we should have left the keys in some place without considering that we have done such things millions of times but people are not happy of accepting such a responsibilyt and we can't do that any longer
-he writes that we we were unpolite with him turning down the phone when, FOR THE FIRST TIME, AT 10,15PM, WHILE STILL EATING, we received his phone call!
On a private email we suggested this pretentious customer to pay more money and make a booking at an hotel with stars, legally supposed to provide a 24 hrs service; we are a simple Guest House with reception limited hours and all that was for him very clarly visible of site presentation

SANI TH
Firenze
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

After searching hopelessly in the wonderful streets of Florance you will find a very tiny sign board with the name of the hotel on it. you ring the bell and you will enter a dark corridor and a very interesting old lift which 2 of us could hardly fit in. specially having luggage. you have to close 3 doors of the lift manually and then you are there. (it was a nice experience though) the hotel really doesn't have any lobby. but when you check in and enter the room the experience is totally different. it is a very well designed room. pretty specious with a large attached bathroom. It gives you a feeling that you are inside your home. The mattress are considered old and for those who have spine problem better to think of somewhere else. If you have booked the breakfast you need to go to a bar in the road behind. However make sure that you get the vouchers from the person who is checking you in. because you will normally be back to hotel late which there will be no one in the lobby to assist you. on the other hand you will be leaving hotel early since there are lots of sight seeing and again there is no body there to give you the vouchers. so similar to me you will miss your breakfast even though you have paid for it. They have changed the windows and actually it is not load anymore. but if you want to enjoy the fresh air instead of using air-conditioning, then you will have to tolerate a lot of noise from outside.

Room Tip: try to avoid the rooms on the very end of the corridor if you want to use the internet. the signal i...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

sani is a very good man.. the place is a house building with residences and the hotel in the third floor divided to rooms .. every room has a private bathroom .. every thing is small but good.
the breakfast was at a cafe near the hotel.. sani will give you vouchers for 1 coroisson and coffee.
we asked for baby cot and it was provided..
the worst thing is that the check inn was till 7 pm as sani has to go home after that and we had a train that will arrive Florence at 10.30 pm so we called him but he wasn't agree to wait and hang out the phone but he made someone from booking team call us to solve the problem by leaving the key in another hotel. another day we forgot the keys and went home at 11.00 pm we couldn't find anyone to open for us so we had to spent the night in another hotel!!
also we had another difficulty that the lift was too small that hardly bear two persons. so we had to close the stroller of the baby and go up alone with the baby and another time with the stroller.
the guest house is in a very good location we didn't need to use buses for the 4 nights.

Room Tip: you have to check inn before 7.00 pm and never forget the keys
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Been to Sani Tourist House? Share your experiences!