“Welcoming but basic” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #433 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Birmingham
“Welcoming but basic”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

The woman behind the desk is very nice, and very welcoming. The hotel is very basic but is also very cheap so it works out. GF and I went for the weekend so all we needed was a place to sleep, were never going to need the room for much else. The room we had was small but you get what you pay for, like I say, it was very cheap. Location is excellent, close to Duomo/Tower.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

I don't know what else to add -- some of the other reviews covered it quite well. (I only wish I had discovered Tripadvisor before I booked!!) It's an awful stinking flea pit. DO NOT STAY HERE!! We arrived late at night, had a terrible shock, huddled in our room all night with my wife waiting for the sun to rise so we can get out of there and check into another hotel!!! (We went to Orchidea and had a wonderful stay for the same price,)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Poznan, Poland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

Me and my two friends were welcomed nicely, woman told us about interesting places in Florence and gave us a map, but then we saw our room... It was poor and dirty, tv wasnt working, everything looked so old and the sheets on the beds had a bad smell. And the bathroom was very dirty, didnt smell nice as well. Fortunately we only needed this room to get some sleep after partying in Florence so we didn't care about it that much. BTW, no proper kitchen in this hotel and no staff by the desk all the time...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

The hotel offersa very basic accomodation which was fine. The air conditioning was working very well, the room was fairly clean but after 3 nights of my stay I was covered with bed bugs bites! Because I'd encountered those mean little creatures before I had no doubt it wasn't mosquitos or any other insects. When I was leaving I told the receptionist (who was always at a restaurant downstairs instead of the front desk btw) about it and she said it must have been mosquitos. I told her it was bed bugs but I don't think they've done anything with this piece of information...

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Cologne, Germany
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

I didn't actually end up staying here, so I can only comment on the wildly unpleasant encounter I had with the staff over the phone. They send me an email asking me to call and confirm. I was travelling (literally on a plane) so I obviously didn't receive it, so they decided to immediately cancel my reservation. When I got it, I called immediately. The woman who answered the phone "Yeah?" was incredibly rude and told me in no uncertain terms that she was not sorry. So I was basically stranded but managed to get a reservation at albergo giovanna down the street which turned out to be great. Don't even think about staying at this place.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Riomaggiore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

Its exactly as others on your site have said.we stayed 1 night out of 3,as we were tired.unfortunately we paid cash before we saw the room.we got other accomodation across the road for same price,with everything that Etrusca says it has but has`nt.There must be a way of stopping false reviews,its totally unfair to the travelers.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

I was planning to stay at this hotel because they offered a central location at a very cheap price. As I am only staying in Florence for one night I thought I would go here expecting nothing great at all (having read other bad reviews). However, upon booking I received a rude email informing me that obviously I must have known the cost is not correct, and either I had to pay a lot extra or cancel my booking. I cancelled and commented that I would find somewhere else with higher ratings who wouldn't change the price. I received not one but two further abusive emails, stating I mean nothing to them and people like me are making Italians homeless. It would be great if this place started reading their awful reviews and taking on board feedback to change the way they deal with people. I, for one, will NEVER stay here ever.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Etrusca? Share your experiences!