“Spectacular breakfast!” 4 of 5 stars

10% off room rate
Ranked #94 of 461 Hotels in Florence
“Spectacular breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012 via mobile

Hotel Crocini was nice was because it was a little farther from the main tourist area so it was quiet at night. The bathroom was down the hall and tiny (it's hard to not get water on everything) but we were prepared for that. The breakfast was such a pleasant surprise! There was steamed milk for the coffee, fruit, cereal, yogurt, and many pastries. Well stocked all the way until the ending time too.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear "KRipser"
a feedback like this one makes really "light" waking up every morning at 6.00 to prepare the breakfast for our guests.
Thank you, thank you ,THANK YOU!
Lorenzo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed four nights at Crocini Hotel last week. The hotel is located in a quiet and safe area, just 10-15 minutes walk from Florence's touristic and historical center, and only a few blocks away from the train station. The room was very clean and spacious, and it had all the ammenities we wanted (free Wi-Fi, air conditioning, safety box, etc.). The breakfast was varied and very good.

Lorenzo, the owner, was very nice and helpful, and he always provided us information on interesting places and tours within the city and nearby places. The hotel personnel are very nice and they speak English. We strongly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, May 25, 2012
Dear "planetvisitor"
I wish to thank you for your feedback, I'm honoured to see that my efforts in giving all the best tips to LIVE Florence as wonderful as it really s had another success.
I look forward to see you again!
Best regards from Tuscany ;)
Port Willunga, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2012

Aaaahhh, this place is just fabulous. After a terrible hotel experience in Rome the contrast could not be more stark.
The staff are warm, friendly, helpful, accomodating and patient.
Our room was charming, we even had a bath and a window that we could open on to the garden courtyard (and hang our washing Italian style...).
The beds were very comfortable, the room was warm and had a fridge
There is free wifi (connection a bit iffy at times)
A great breakfast with a wide choice of food (too many cakes and pastries to resist unfortunately), cereals, ham, cheese, wholemeal and white rolls, fruit, tea, coffe and I think possibly even milo-but Im not sure about that!
It is very close to the River Arno, which makes navigating your way around quite simple with map in hand.
It is a fantastic place to stay, the price is very reasonable and I would highly recommend it.
If there is anything better in Florence then it would have to be very amazing indeed.

Room Tip: overlooking the courtyard is nice but all the rooms are probably just as good
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, April 28, 2012
Dear Moira-Jane
thank you so much for your very nice words. It has been a pleasure to meet you and your mum here in Florence and I am very happy to read that you had a great time in Florence. Was not really easy to make you smile after the experience in the other hotel so my satisfaction, reading your feedback , is really dubbed. My wife's homemade cakes made the miracle!! ;)
I look forward to see you again, my best from Florence!
Bergen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2012

We stayed in this hotel in the beginning of April, 2012. A fantastic place: cosy rooms with Florentine cupboards and extremely high ceiling, old chairs in the hall and corridors, window with the view to the inner garden, decent breakfast under the accompaniment of Mozart... Quite close to city centre and next to Arno river, where you can catch fantastic views if you walk at daybreak. The service is excellent, the owner was kind and friendly. It is definitely not a luxury hotel, but a very nice place at low price, worth every cent and even more.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, April 17, 2012
Dear Guest;
thank you so much for your very nice feedback! Yes, this is not a luxury hotel and and we are really proud our our two stars, and very happy to see that you liked our philosophy ;)
I look forward to see you again very soon, hopefully with a better weather, to appreciate even more, if possible, the walks along the river!
Louisiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here one night. The area of town felt very safe, and it's only a 15 min walk to the train station. The staff was very helpful and super friendly. Breakfast was great! They even served breakfast early when we told them that we had to leave earlier for our tour. The only downside is the shared bathroom. Although, I think there might have been the option for a private bathroom if we would have paid more.

• Stayed April 2012
crocini, Owner at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, April 10, 2012
Dear Guest
Thank you very much for your nice feedback! We really try to do our best with the service, and it's a pleasure to hear that you liked it. The next time I hope to accomodate you in the other rooms we have here at Hotel Crocini, there are 3 levels for every budget : shared bath, standard and superior rooms, but for everybody the buffet breakfast and the friendly unformal service are not optionals ;)
My best from Florence!
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

My wife and I, both mature age guests, enjoyed our stay at the Hotel Crocini very much indeed.
We stayed in January, so that is a good test of the heating and hot water for any establishment, and our largish double room with high and ornate ceilings was both warm and comfortable.There was ample hot water in a bathroom that was spotlessly clean with a shower that was more than adequate in size and fittings. The towels, in particular, were excellent--not always the case in Italian hotels. Our wi-fi connection was good (and free), and the breakfast provided was ample and varied--including cereal and toast as well as the usual contintental dishes.

The Hotel is very well located in a quiet residential area, close to buses,the new frequent tram, and the Teatro Communale,s well as within easy walking distance of the central station and the Duomo. But perhaps the best feature of this modest hotel is the host, Lorenzo--and his staff. Lorenzo is a mine of local information and is extremely welcoming and helpful with any arrangements you might wish to make,
We would recommend this hotel to those looking for an inexpensive, quiet and restful base from which to explore Florence.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
crocini, Proprietario at Hotel Crocini, responded to this review, April 8, 2012
Dar Mr. Ian,
thank you very much for your kind feedback, it's a real pleasure to know that our efforts are appreciated . At the end of february we refurbished some details, we do have now brand new fireproof heavy wood doors in the standard rooms (the high ceiling rooms) that are keeping even more quiet the place.
I hope to see you again really soon!
Baltimore, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I just stayed at the Hotel Crocini this last weekend with two fellow tutor volunteers. We are in Italy for several months and visited Florence for the weekend. We were looking for a budget option and found the Hotel Crocini. At first I was a bit wary because it was so inexpensive, but the glowing reviews convinced me to book a room.

I am happy to say that the reviews were definitely accurate – we had a wonderful time. We booked a triple room with a shared bathroom to save even more money, and despite our messy sharees in the bathroom it was still surprisingly convenient. When we were first shown to our room we were a little worried about the tiny door (just 6 feet tall, as tall as one of my travel partners who had to duck to get into the room), but once you’re in it opens up to 25 foot tall ceilings. It was a truly cavernous room – and totally beautiful.

The included breakfast was a little sparse – I could’ve done with some more fresh fruit and fewer packaged goods – but the very fact that it was included was a bonus. The free internet was a bit spotty, but that tends to happen in these solidly built old structures.

The best part was the staff. Everyone we talked to was incredibly helpful and kind. One gentleman even gave me some of his cough drops when I fell ill and all the nearby pharmacies were closed. They gave us directions, helped us make phone calls, and were especially kind to hold our luggage for several hours after our checkout.

To be perfectly honest this is not a hotel for the luxury traveler – but this should be evident from the prices. If you want to laze about your hotel room and enjoy the amenities, go somewhere else. But if you’re looking for a nice, clean, traditional place to park your weary head between sightseeing adventures, then this is the perfect space to book.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel Crocini? Share your experiences!