“Excellent !!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #192 of 522 Florence B&B and Inns
Sopron
“Excellent !!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I can suggest to everyone this wonderful B&B Olga's House to stay here for a very nice holiday! It is located in the centre of Florence, close to every famous monuments like: the Uffizi art gallery, Dome of Florence, Ponte Vecchio, Palazzo Vecchio etc ... Very comfortable, nice, cline and calm!! The proprietor was very kind with us, he manages all the B&B, and helped us in everything.. a great person! Thx Roby! We hope to see u soon !!! :)

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
olgashouse, Direttore at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
Thanks a lot for your comment ...glad that you have a really nice stay !!! Ciao

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
märsta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I traveled alone to Florence for the tattoo convention this weekend, was here tuesday-saturday and I searched for weeks for a cheap, central and clean place to stay at with good reviews. I found this B&B and I really have to say that it was over my expectations altough the already good reviews! Great, helping staff (Roberto) supernice person, I lived in a Single room and I didn't find any pictures of this room, but when I checked in and got my room I went very happy. Own bathroom, not shared as at the most of the hostels and b&b's in Florence. Clean, pretty big and nice room, big bed for a single room, and nearby to Piazza della Signoria, a really beautiful area and easy to find back to. I would definitely love to stay here again! I know people complained about the stairs and steps in the reviews cause it's on the third floor, but come on! It's the perfect place to stay at, for a very good price! And I had free wi-fi in my room which was great! The photos I add was taken with my phone so not so great quality but still!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
olgashouse, Manager at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Hi and Thanks a lot for your feedback !!! Was a great pleasure offer you the best as we can
Hope to meet you here again !!! Thanks again .
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

My girl and I recently did a 10 day trip around Tuscany. Florence was of course a 'must do' and we needed somewhere affordable (hotels in Florence don’t come cheap!) but clean, secure and above all relaxing, to spend the night.

I am very glad we chose Olga’s House. It satisfied all of the above requirements and we were delighted to find it sits but a few metres away from Piazza della Signoria and barely a 5 minute walk to the river, via the wholly remarkable Uffizi.

The owner was friendly and reassuring – giving us some excellent recommendations for our time in the city.

I notice some people have complained at the number of steps required to reach the hotel – MAN UP! These would only present a problem to somebody with a medical condition (e.g. injury, disability or serious heart complaint) and people with such unfortunate conditions would/should check thoroughly before booking anywhere to be sure it is suitable for their needs. Frankly, anyone else complaining just needs to get down the gym a little or walk further and more often.
Personally, I found the steps rather added to the ambience, being age-worn stone and wonderfully cool underfoot (a major plus when one has been wandering for miles in 30+C)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I stayed here in mode September 2012. Fantastic location, super clean, simple fit-out with all the basics needed, big room, soooo cheap - such value for money! Very professional and friendly staff, I'd recommend this place to everyone.

Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Taipei, Taiwan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2012

This is a good place to stay not just the location but also the host Roberto is a very nice guy. He is willing to help every his guest and make sure all of us have a happy time during the stay. For a single female tourist like me, safety is the 1st priority and Roberto will lock the apartment door at 1am to make sure all guests can take a good rest and won't be bothered by others late back, and location is also my concern, staying at Olga's House the key attractions such as Piazza della Signoria,Palazzo Vecchio,Uffizi Gallery and the Ano River side are all with in 1 minute walking distance. And if you are here for shopping, all brands like Chanel, Ferragamo, Prada, Gucci you can think of are only 1-2 blocks away!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
olgashouse, Owner at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
Hi and THANKS for your feedback ...by the way was our big pleasure have you here as a perfect guest !!! Thanks for stay with us !!!
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

The location for Firenze/Florence is perfect. A 15 minute walk from the train platforms, and situated right on the corner of the most desireable Piazza to be at in all of Florence. The hotel and rooms were very clean. I thought Roberto was really nice and helpful. The breakfast was traditionally Italian at a close by quality cafe, which works great for someone on the go. I enjoyed staying here so much that I decided to stay an extra day just to take it easy in Florence. Then I stayed there again when I came back through. Yea, there are some stairs, but if you don't have a walking impediment or a ridiculous amount of luggage, I would not worry about it. If you are looking for ease of handicap access, Europe in general should not really top the list of vacation spots. Europe has a lot of old historical structures that can't be feasibly modified, and uneven, occasionally steep, time-worn cobblestone streets are everywhere. Video cameras are everywhere in various large cities in Europe...get used to it. I mention these last points cause I don't want to see someone disuaded due to what might appear odd to some, but within the context of traveling in Italy is totally normal. Use common sense, if you want stay out late or party in your room there are hotels that cater to that. If you want a premium location, a non-premium price, clean room, and a personable knowledgeable innkeeper in Florence Olga's is it.

Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
olgashouse, Owner at B&B Olga's House, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Hi Erin !!!
Glad that you have a really nice stay here with us !!!
Thanks CIAO

Been to B&B Olga's House? Share your experiences!