“Very good” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Tourist House

You added Hotel Tourist House to your Saves list
Hotel Tourist House
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via della Scala 1, 50123 , Florence, Italy (Santa Maria Novella)   |
Ranked #229 of 418 Hotels in Florence
Mostar, Bosnia and Herzegovina
“Very good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Hotel is very well situated: 5 min from the train station and 5 min from the Duomo. It's just on the corner of the Piazza Santa Maria Novella. Clean with spacious AC rooms. Staff has been very friendly and professional. We've stayed just for one day, so we havwen't had any special requests. The basic things were just fine. Breakfast was ok: coffee or tea, croissant, juice, nutella, and jams, just the breakfast room is quite tiny, but we didn't mind. As the weather was nice, we sat at the garden.
And, they have great free wi-fi connection (in the rooms as well). And you can leave your luggage for the whole day, for free.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank panterix

Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

The customer service at this location is great! The staff has been very accommodating and very patient with me even though I don't speak Italian. They have done everything that they could to make me feel welcome. Hotel is in great location downtown and is very affordable.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
Cardiff, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

this is our second visit to The tourist house- Florence mainly because of its location. Situated near the train station and within walking distance to all the major attractions . It is very basic but clean the rooms are large which is more than can be said for the breakfast room, if more than four people want breakfast at the same time - it is a tight fit! but not a meal to linger over with so much to see. The breakfast consists of a roll and coffee.
The only problem is there is nowhere to sit other than your room and if the weather is bad ( as it was for us ) there is only so much walking in the rain you can cope with in a day!
There are no tea or coffee making facilities in the rooms
Overall you get what you pay for a reasonably priced central room at an affordable price.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank sue12345678
Sydney
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014

I was on a solo four week trip over northern Italy and Florence was my second stop. The hotel was 5 minutes walk from the train station and at least 5 minutes to the closest tourist spot (Duomo and Arno River are just 5 minutes walk). Lots of restaurants, coffee shops, pizzerias, convenience stores in the area. Location is great. Small room with a big comfortable bed. TV and fridge worked. Usual small toilet and bath. Room with free wifi and it was cleaned everyday. What was annoying was the unfriendly lady receptionist (she looked politically healthy) - I shower 2 times a day even in winter and the bathroom only had one big towel - the classic thin Italian style towel. So I asked for a second towel which I said I need everyday. I used the word "if possible" and she said for the price I paid, which was 37 euros per day and I stayed 6 nights, I got a bargain and should not ask for a second towel and that they are not a hotel and do not have 24 hour service. I said to her "if possible" and she repeated that my room was already cheap why should I ask for a second towel as it will cost them extra to wash the towel. This woman had the audacity to say that to me and I said that it is not my fault that I got the room for a cheap price. This was my 4th visit to Florence and the first time that such bad customer service was displayed to me here in this city. In my experience travelling the world and having visited Italy for at least 10 times in the past since 1985, I classify Italians with a low sense of customer service. My experience with Tourist House is ranked among the lowest Italian customer service I have experienced. I did get a second towel everyday for 6 days. The hotel location is great but I will not stay here because this hotel does not understand customer service. I know the Italian attitude is I do not care as there are millions of tourists who will replace you - my response is, well I have the money and I will not do business with you. I recommend this hotel if you do not need a second towel.

Room Tip: Do not ask for a second towel as the lady receptionist is rude and does not have customer service.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank juanmanuelrodriguez

Travelers are raving about these Florence hotels

Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

We stayed here for 1 night on the second leg of our trip. Located close to the train station. Within walking distance to main attractions. The room was very large and clean, although there was a bit of a stuffy smell. Continental breakfast was not that great. Overall, decent hotel for budget price.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Paris, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

The hotel is located in an old Toscan building, with double colorful shutters, like you will see many in Florence. It is 5 min. away from the train station and 10 minutes walk from most sites (Accademia, Uffizi, Duomo) which is very convenient for visiting all day long. It has free Wi-Fi. The room was clean and staff nice, when leaving we could leave our luggages all day. Towels provided are so thin that they are more like sheets (they are replaced everyday, though). There is no breakfast but they recommend you go to the café nearby, where the waiter was obnoxious and food so-o, I advise you eat a paninoand a cappuccino somewhere else. Definetely not a romantic place but a honest option for the price.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Arale N
Bundaberg, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

This is not a "Bells and Whistles" hotel. Rather it provides neat, basic accommodation in a very central location. The rooms are of a reasonable side and quite comfortable. Although a jug/kettle would have been appreciated.
Staff are very helpful and run through the basics of the room.
Continental breakfast is included from 7am at the downstairs eatery.
Easy walk to station and town centre.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple