“Asolutely love Panella Residence” 5 of 5 stars

Panella's Residence
via della Pergola, 42, 50121 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #41 of 507 Florence B&B and Inns
Antelope, California
“Asolutely love Panella Residence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2008

I had the priviledge of staying at Panella's Residence the end of January 2008. From the moment I arrived to moment I departed I felt a truly welcome guest. I was greated upon arriving by Graziella. What a loving hostess. She welcomed me in and escorted me to my room on the second floor. It was beautiful. The room was Large and the bathroom was extremely nice. The bed was extremely comfortable. Everything was spotlessly clean. Each morning that I was there I ate a wonderful breakfast. There were many choices from pastries, yogurts, fruit, coffee and hot chocolate. I loved it.

Graziella helped to make reservations at museums, recommended places to eat and visit. Where I could have laundry done, and she always had smile on her face.

The residence is located on a narrow street, thus the noise was very minimal. It was a five minute walk to the Acadamia de Gallerie, less than five minutes to the Duomo, and many great restaurants close by.

I would highly recommend Panella's Residence. When I return to Florence in the future, I know where I will be staying.

• Liked — The cleanliness of the room.
  • Disliked — The long flights of stairs. There is no elevator.
  • Stayed January 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

210 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2008

We recently came back from Florence where we stayed 3 nights at the Panella's Residence. Although you cannot tell from the outside, we were pleasantly surprised of the warmth, beautiful décor and of the size of our bedroom. The room was 2 flights up but that was offset by the comfort and how quiet it was. The residence is very conveniently located and walking distance from the Duomo and most important Churches and Museums.

Graciella was extremely helpful in assisting us with reservations, recommendations and transportation to the airport on our last day. She even was nice enough to call the local American Express office to find out where they were located and their normal office hours so that we could complete a currency exchange transaction.

In the morning she had the typical Italian breakfast ready and made sure everyone in the dinning room was comfortably served and felt like home.

Our stay in Panella’s was a wonderful conclusion to a 2 week trip through Tuscany and we would definitely recommend this facility to everyone we can – not to mention stay here the next time we are lucky enough to travel to such a lovely city.

Grazie mille Graciella !

• Liked — Clean and friendly
  • Disliked — That I could not stay longer
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Bendigo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2008

There cannot be a better Bed & breakfast in Florence! Panella's Residence is just superb. The Suite we were given was delightful and so spacious with a bathroom to die for! ( Warner Brothers did a bathroom scene in it the day before we arrived - it's fantastic)
The situation is a few minutes from fabulous Duomo, but is quiet and very charming. It is in an old Convent of Florence, and the host, Graziella has used her talent and own personal style to turn the stables into a delightful breakfast area. We were there over the New Year and every nook and cranny was decorated in tasteful Christmas decorations and Graziella lit 1500 candles on New Years Eve to celebrate (along with her Sangria and exquisite italian cooking )
Breakfast was in the Italian style, and as many cappucinos as you like.
Graziella also organsed our tickets for the Academy and her restaurant suggestions including Pap Gigi's just around the corner were great.
We stayed for 4 days and were treated like one of the family. There are many steps, but we didn;t have to carry out cases up and down, her husband did that for us.
It is truly a welcoming, great value and delightful experience to stay with Graziella Panella and we would recommend it highly for people wanting cleanliness, friendly, warm and totally charming accommodation in Florence.

• Liked — The Cleanliness & Graziella
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed January 2008
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2007

My husband and I loved our 3 night stay (Oct 23th, 24th, and 25th) at Panella's Residence in Florence, Italy.

Panella's Residence is located on a very quiet street, but surprisingly it's in the heart of Florence.

Our room number was 44 and it was very large. The size of the bathroom was huge (see pictures), even by American standards.

My husband and I are in our fifties and didn't mind walking up stairs to our lovely room. There is no elevator at Panella's.

Grace Panella is a wonderful host. She booked dinner reservations for us at fantastic restaurants that were not listed in any of our guidebooks (not Rick Steves or Frommer's).

We met several other tourists who were staying in the center of Florence and extremely disappointed in their lodgings because of all the noise. We referred them to Panella's Residence for their next visit to Florence.

We definitely plan on returning to Panella's Residence the next time we find ourselves in Florence, Italy.

• Liked — Location, Quiet, Clean
  • Disliked — Nothing
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oxford
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2007

With so much to choose from, looking for accommodation in Florence can be a daunting experience. My husband and I recently stayed at the
excellent Panella's residence. Once a convent, it is centrally located, just a few doors away from the Theatro Pergola and 5mins walking distance from the Duomo and central Florence. Each room is unique in character. We stayed in Rm 41- spacious accommodation at the rear of the building and so very quiet. A welcome relief after the hustle and bustle of central Florence. Graziella is a wonderful hostess and only too willing to help with guiding you to the right spots around town. She even managed to reserve some tickets to the Academia for us (so we avoided the long queues). There are several excellent restaurants on the next street (Egidio)- the recently opened and highly recommended La Cantina at no 10, which is run by the dynamic Alberto. A (fairly substantial!) 5-course tasting menu is bargain at 22 Euros- highly recommended if you are after something
tuscan with a twist. Also run by the same team is the Oil Shoppe just down the street- great sandwiches, salads and soups at very reasonable price. It would be remiss not to mention that, as the name suggests, they also have a great selection of fine oils and balsamic vinegars (found at no 10). Also on the same street, again excellent novelle cuisine but slightly more expensive is Cantina Barbagianni at No 13.

• Liked — Central location, great hostess
  • Disliked — nothing
Nottingham
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2007

We have recently stayed at MSN Suites Panella and whilst I agree with some of the comments made by other visitors, my husband and I didn't have such a good experience. We were in room 42, a room with no window, just a door leading on to a narrow passage way with pipes and a ladder. Breakfast was adequate but nothing to rave about. Wouldn't stay there again if I returned to Florence. I feel it would be useful to have reception available for longer periods during the day.

• Liked — The owner was friendly
  • Disliked — The room
    • 2 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2007

My mother, my sisters and I spent three nights at Panella's Residence in late-September, and I can not speak highly enough of the rooms, the location, and the warm and welcoming service provide by Graziella. The B&B is located on a quiet street within easy walking distance of all of Florence's highlights, and Graziella gave us very thorough directions (with maps) to anywhere we needed to go. Previous reviewers have described the spacious rooms, and the inn's overall overall charm, and I have to agree with it all. As a travel agent, I research hotels for clients every day, and I have to say that I could not have found a better (more reasonably priced) choice for my stay in Florence!

• Liked — Rooms
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Panella's Residence? Share your experiences!