“Careggi Hotel :)” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #193 of 461 Hotels in Florence
Frisco,Tx
“Careggi Hotel :)”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2014

The Careggi Hotel was the second stop on my husbands & i's 2 week trip in Italy. It's a nice hotel , with clean rooms,ceiling fan, air conditioning, clean private bathroom & breakfast. It's located about 20 min from the center of Florence. We used the 14 bus, which stopped just a couple of blocks away. You can buy a bus ticket from the newspaper stand sales person on the way, or any others in Florence. About 1.20 euro. The staff is very friendly, the father/son were my favorite.
The rooms & bathrooms are not large, but your in Europe & this is their way. The shower head is high ( my husband is 6'4" ) & the water is hot & towels are big & clean. The Careggi offers a nice breakfast. again, if you expect a US breakfast, then stay there. :). Breakfast consisted of the usual, croissant, granola cereal, & one other type, bread ( for toast),yogurt, a meat & cheese tray, juice & coffee ( made to order cappuccino & espresso ) .There are several restaurants close by the hotel.
We enjoyed our stay here & would stay again. The price is right for a good nights steep, hot shower, & breakfast to start your day of adventure in Florence.. Remember, have fun & go with the flow, your not at home & things will be different...

Room Tip: The hotel is in a quiet area so all rooms should be ok.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
careggi, Proprietario at Careggi, responded to this review, October 20, 2014
Dear Guest,

thank you very much for your review. We are pleased you enjoyed your staying at our hotel and that you appreciated our breakfast and our kindness.

Our best regards.
Alessandro & Stefano
Hotel Careggi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We, being a family of four, stayed here for one night on our way to Rome. The room was nice and clean. The location was a little unusual as we drove past the hospital etc., but still a good hotel. The off street parking is not secured parking, but for 5 Euro, one can't really complain. The hotel is fairly basic, but the service is excellent. A lot of business people were staying here when we were here. There is an excellent restaurant next door which I would highly recommend. WiFi is limited to the lobby.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
careggi, Proprietario at Careggi, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
Dear "Sander",

thank you for your review. We are all glad about your remarks about our service, and infact as you noticed we have many business men during major Exibitions or conventions.
You are right, the near restaurant is excellent, the new property is really nice and professional. We are sorry you wrote that WIFI is limited only in the lobby, it is not correct, wifi is free and available in the entire building, we had just two days of failure recently but then we repaired it and it is working.

We send you our best regards.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

I picked this hotel without any booking and the reception is very helpful. I inspected room 115 which faces street and decided to stay. When I asked if room 115 is a quiet room, I was offered room 220 which is a larger room and it's at the back. €5 for private parking , free street parking between 8pm to 8 am & Sunday. Has a nice lift, operates with the room key.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
careggi, Proprietario at Careggi, responded to this review, June 26, 2014
Dear Julia,

thank you very much for your review, we are happy you appreciated your staying in our hotel and our "value x money".

Emmen, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

Fortunately, I cancelled my booking at the same day due to change in itinerary.
I was stressed because I could lose this money for nothing. I immediately contact the hotel and was greeted with such quick response, Alessandro had been very friendly on the email. He could understand that it was a mistake and won't charge anything. Faith in humanity restored!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
careggi, Proprietario at Careggi, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Dear customer,

thank you for your review on this famous site. I had no doubt in your good faith, it was clear that it was a mistake, why being inflexible with cancellation policy? Have a nice trip to Italy!!

Arizona City, Arizona
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

The hotel was ok. The shower shares the floor with the toilet; there is no separation. The cleaning lady stole all of my money, and even if I begged for them to return it, no one cared. This simply gave me the worst experience about Florence in general and its people. I will never again visit Florence.

Room Tip: Don't leave your belongings even if you're paying for the room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
careggi, Proprietario at Careggi, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
Dear Raquel,

we are reading now your review about our hotel, and the only thing we can do answering what you claimed in this travellers' site is smiling. You are lucky that you are not Italian, otherwise the chamber maid and us would have brought an action against you at the local Police, since what you have declared is totally faked! For this reason we want to point out some issues: you stayed in our hotel just one night, and the following morning you had breakfast late (and we let you having it even if it was out of time) so noone of our cleanig staff could enter the room; then you checked-out leaving your baggage at the deposit.
1) Why did not anyone claim this supposed theft during check-out? If your money were stolen, you should notice when entering in your room after breakfast and before checking-out, and you were 4 in the room, it means 8 eyes which could search...but nobody of you said anything! You left your baggage in the deposit, and you went out to the city centre. You came back in the late evening saying that you lacked money... how can we be responsible?? How can you claim a theft 12 hours after having left the hotel...you may have lost your money on the bus, in the city centre, gitans, pick-pockets, etc...know knows...
2) If you were sure that these money were stolen from our hotel, you should have immediately gone to the Police to claim the facts...why did not you go there? Maybe because you were not sure about what you should declare to them since it was a big lie?
Our families have been runned this hotel for more than 20 years, it is the first time we hear a story like this! You said that you dislike Florentine people and you never want to come back to Florence...maybe you did not like our beautiful city and our country... do not worry... Florentine inhabitants won't cry for that!
Roma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013

I arrived at about 9am before the official check-in time. Nevertheless the staff welcomed me and I was also served a free breakfast. They prepared my room and after an early train trip I could settle and rest in my room for no extra cost. The room decor was very basic but with TV and AC. The bathroom is VERY small. There's no lift but i was traveling with a small suitcase. I've been to Florence many times, therefore I've learned that for a budget of around €50/€60 single or €110 per dbl room it is very difficult to find decent accommodation. This place with all its downfalls is the best I've been too.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Taupo, New Zealand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

A nice hotel a bit off the city center. A good choice if you are on a budget. My boyfriend and I stayed there for 4 nights. Upon arrival we were actually offered a choice of two rooms. One of them with a smaller bedroom, but a nice, large bathroom, and the other one with a bigger bedroom, and a bathroom that was really not looking too great at all. We went for the one with the large bathroom. The room was nice and clean, so was the bathroom. The air-con could have been better, with nearly 40 degrees outside it really was not much use. Luckily the room also had a ceiling fan.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and the hotel didn't have a lift. It was no trouble for us, but I imagine it would be for other people.
The included contonental breakfast was alright - a nice coffee, cereal, a selection of pastries or some toast suit us just fine.
Helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Careggi? Share your experiences!