This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. It was a nightmare. PLEASE DON’T STAY here if you like to be confortable and good quality. It’s better to sleep on the train station or the street instead to stay at this hotel.
I would NOT recommend this TRAP at all. Expedia should remove this hotel from their site, it’s a plenty SCAM, gave my money for nothing. It was definitely the LOWEST point of our trip. Aside from being very conveniently located next to the train station
This Hotel was booked online thru EXPEDIA and choose by the trip advisor reviews (which are totally wrong). We booked a double bed (queen). When we arrived the reception (a guy) who were NOT friendly at all and very rude.. We were assigned for a double twin bedroom upstairs and I immediately told to the front desk guy that my husband is a handicapped person we can’t stay upstairs and he offered us a small room downstairs but separate twin bed, so since we didn’t have many choice we accepted his offer.
The room was tiny and there was no air conditioning. Our room was on the street side so we knew street sounds would keep us awake. The worst part was we didn’t see any bathrooms inside the room which was inconvenient and we asked for that and he told us “You have to go upstairs for shower, because the shower downstairs has not hot water” OMG! One of the bathrooms had a flooded floor, the shower you barely can bend out to rub your legs, you have to open the door of the shower to do it.
The first day after I took shower in the morning, after I took shower going back to my room downstairs, I slipped on the steps (Concrete) and I fell, so I hit my back (Thanks GOD I didn’t hit my head) and I couldn’t move at all, I yell several times and cried but nobody helped me and heard me at all. The sad part is that my husband couldn’t hear either because he was in the room or it was away from the stairs. I have evidence and have the pictures to prove the significant damage on of all my shots in my body, as I got up on my own little by little until I walked back to my room, my husband was so nervous since he saw me in pain. As you can see it ruined my day to attending at the sightseen sites that we planned for the day. Immediately I reported to the guy in the front desk and he just simple replied “ Sorry to hear that, be more careful next time”…..Can you believe it?
• They charge you for 5 euros to use the Internet (Not very Handy).
• There was cable TV with mainly Italian channels and no fridge.
• The location was good – literally 2 minutes from the station
• The room was NASTY, they don’t change the bed sheet every day, they kept the same for the two nights we stayed.
• It is a 10 minute walk to the Duomo
• There are two shared restrooms on this main floor. The showerhead in the bathroom
• No private Bath
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- the Hotel is situated at 3rd floor of a magnificent old classic Florentine style building in the historical center, very close to the central train station of Firenze S. Maria Novella (100 mt., only 3 minutes walk) and Mc Donald's store, nearby the Exhibition Center of Fortezza da Basso, and in front of the Congress Center and the Business Center and in short distance from all the points of attraction of the city. The hotel is very near the wonderful Church of S. Maria Novella, the Medici Chapels and the traditional Market of San Lorenzo, next to the marvellous Church of San Lorenzo. At only 50 mt. there are also a nice Chinese restaurant on the corner and the Supermarket CONAD. The hotel has an elevator; rooms are equipped with private bath, A/C, heating, telephone, and TV set: some rooms have external bath. On demand, it's possible to have rooms with balcony. There is also a nice terrace on the roof where guests can sunbathe and enjoy a marvellous view on the city. Information about museums and wine-and-food tours in Florence and in Tuscany countryside. Breakfast is Continental with buffet: prices can range. No night curfew in hotel: concierge service is 24 hours a day. Fax service in hotel. We accept all kinds of groups: schools, religious, seniors, families, etc. Before departure, you can leave your baggages in hotel free of charge and for all the time needed. Credit Cards accepted: VISA, MC, JCB, AMERICAN EXPRESS. There is possibility of FREE parking or garage in the area. Hotel run by a family; they take care of their hotel personally and speak English, Spanish, French. To get FURTHER INFORMATION, LAST-MINUTE, CHEAP RATES, DISCOUNTS & SPECIAL OFFERS please visit our websites => hotel-bijou - florenceroomshotelbijou ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Venere, TripOnline SA, HostelWorld and Hotels.com so you can book your Hotel Bijou reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bijou Hotel Florence