“Below average hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Malaysia
“Below average hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2015 via mobile

Room was dull in terms of colour and furniture was old. Initially, we saw 1 queen sized bed and a single bed but was shocked to find out that the queen sized bed was actually merged together by 2 single beds and the single bed was actually from a sofa bed. Bed support was terrible, be prepared for body aches the next day. Room was stuffy and although a ventilation system was installed, we had to open windows in both the room and toilet for fresh air. Staff was extremely nice and helpful but the breakfast was not appetizing. Choice of bread was limited to 3-4 types and the whole spread of breakfast remained the same everyday. Room make up was lacking, only bed sheets were made, nothing was refilled. No body shampoo, plastic cups, toilet papers after each room make up. Have to go down to the reception to obtain it by yourself.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
  • Turkish first
Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2015

I hope to visit Florence again and I will stay here again. Nice staff, clean room, good location. The staff were very helpful, I can get everything I asked from them. The breakfast also quite good even not much choice but it was ok.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

A no frills, clean large room in a good location of town. Great price and comfortable. Probably the best deal you can get in Florence. Friendly staff and very welcoming. The neighborhood is residential and within a 30 min walk to the major sights.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled solo
Virginia Beach, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2014

Please bear with me....I must express my gratitude. I have traveled fairly frequently to Europe/Italy, but this was the first trip for some family/friends."The Plan" was for me to arrive several hours early, settle things, and meet them at the airport in Florence. Of course, my flight is cancelled, and theirs(on the other side of the country) is not Extremely concerned, I called the hotel with all my worries, and they so very kindly assured and helped make sure my family/friends were safe and happy their first night in Italy. When I arrived the next day, everyone was happy and had been made to feel extremely at home. My gratitude will always be endless for their thoughfulness and generosity. By the way, they were amazing during our entire stay with helpful suggestions and guidance. The hotel is safe and quiet in a residentual family area, but very close to public transportation and within walking distance of some the sites. Breakfast was great, and thoroughly enjoyed by all of us. The hotel is clean and although traditional, we had everything we could possibly need. No one had a complaint and agreed we will always stay at Hotel Bologna....I can assure you I ALWAYS will.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Alto, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

The location of this place is very good......it's an interesting and relatively short walk (10 - 15 mins) to the center of Florence. We felt safe walking to and from the hotel to the center of the city both day and night.....no problems. There were many stores, restaurants, and bars along the way. The breakfast was abundant and delicious...the best we had in the two weeks we were in Italy. The room was adequate and clean, and the owners/staff were pleasant and helpful. The only inconvenience was that we had to go to the neighboring hotel (apparently owned by Hotel Bologna) in order to use their internet. The taxi ride from the train station to the hotel was 10 euros plus 5 euros for two bags and the tip. A very good deal for the price and location.

Room Tip: Our room was quiet. It was on the first floor.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Bellingham, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2014

In a city where tourism is omnipresent, my wife and I found this hotel to be a quiet haven. Far enough from the center of town to be able to mingle with the locals. There is a bus to downtown two blocks away. The staff were outstanding. Filippo behind the desk went far to meet our needs.The free breakfast was very good. The room was quiet and clean. We will stay there again.

Stayed October 2014, traveled with family
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2014

We were only in Pisa for one night, but found this hotel to be exactly what we needed. As a family of four with had a large king size bed and two twins in an accompanying room with a large bathroom, so plenty big enough for us. Although traditional in style, the facilities were modern. The bar was open when we arrived and my husband claimed to have had the best gin and tonic he has ever had! Breakfast was good and plentiful and there was a nice terrace outside on which to enjoy what was for us, beautiful weather.
The hotel was also only a 10 minute walk to Pisa Centrale station and 10 minutes in the opposite direction to the leaning tower. Would definitely recommend.

• Stayed October 2014, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Bologna? Share your experiences!