My husband and I spent nearly a week at the Relais Santa Croce on vacation. I'm a bit conflicted about this hotel. The facility is everything you would expect of a small charming boutique hotel in a former palazzo.. That is also wonderfully located. We had reserved a suite several months in advance. Check- in was smooth and all staff quite gracious and helpful. (Especially noteworthy throughout our stay was Barbara at the desk.) Our suite was lovely.
However, when the air conditioning system in our suite ran amuck and not only stopped cooling but begin heating, things fell apart. The weather was VERY warm and humid while we were there, so it was extremely uncomfortable. For well over 24 hours, it seemed that the entire staff was making suggestions as to what could be done, except for producing maintenance. Who never did appear. We were finally moved into a very small suite on the next floor, obviously staff quarters in its former life. Very small, low ceilinged, tiny bath, etc. So at a rate of around 570€ per night, or well over $700 US, there we were. Lodged in the attic.......albeit air conditioned. We were left with a feeling that they could have done more. Perhaps upgraded us rather than the obvious downgrade?
Probably will not stay there again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stunning 18th century Palazzo, once owned by the Marquis Baldinucci treasurer to the Pope, is home to this exclusive hotel in the heart of Florence. Relax amidst original frescoes, refined design and city panoramas overlooking the Duomo and the Santa Croce Basilica, frescoed by Giotto. The unique atmosphere of the Music Hall perfectly balances the luxury of bygone times with contemporary comforts: the ideal destination for those seeking the intimacy of a private residence and luxury services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Sabre Hospitality Solutions, Agoda, Despegar.com, Travelocity, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Jetsetter and Tingo so you can book your Relais Santa Croce reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Santa Croce Florence
- Relais Santa Croce Hotel Florence