“Good location but lacking a lot of common things” 2 of 5 stars

You added Hotel Cestelli to your Saves list
Hotel Cestelli
1.0 of 5 Small Hotel   |   Borgo Ss. Apostoli 25, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #146 of 507 Florence B&B and Inns
“Good location but lacking a lot of common things”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2012 via mobile

Overall charming place with friendly staff. The rooms were minimal and like other reviews there were a TON of rules and lack of amenities. It was extremely hot with no air and VERY noisy. My husband and I left for the day and upon return noticed someone had taken comforter off bed leaving us with just a sheet to sleep with ... Bizarre and a bit intrusive. We also noticed while we were gone someone came in ande shut the windows and turned off the only source of air (the fan). Good location nice staff but next time DEFINITELY worth paying a little more to have bathroom , air conditioning , privacy, and more than a sheet.

• Stayed July 2012

166 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2012

Alessio & Asumi run a lovely hotel! The room was beautifully decorated and spacious for our family. Alessio gave us several helpful tips on the town including excellent places to eat and drink. For a touristy city like Florence in high season, this was definitely decent value for our money and a great experience too.

Room Tip: Perhaps rooms not facing the street would be quieter. Ours was a bit noisy at night if the window wa...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Dulverton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2012

We stayed two nights in this hotel. The owners gave us such a warm welcome, they made us feel completely at ease. The room was spotless with a high ceiling and cool tiled floor. We shared a bathroom (the en suite rooms had already been booked), my husband was concerned about this but the bathroom was nearby and not a problem at all.
Alessio gave us excellent advice about when to queue for museum tickets (we had not bought one in advance) and where to eat suggesting places away from the usual tourist areas.
We had a hire car and were anxious about getting out of Florence as there were alot of one way streets plus roadworks. Alessio was so helpful in marking the way out on a map for us.
Both Alessio and Asumi are lovely happy friendly people. We enjoyed meeting them and staying in their beautiful home.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

The owners were very nice and showed us great spots for lunch and dinner. The room had a few mosquitoes, but I would definitely recommend this B&B!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel one night, the rooms are rustic Italian feel and the hotel is cozy and very inviting. We were greeted at the door by a smiling couple who were so very friendly! They showed us many local restaurants and wine bars that were NOT tourist traps and very affordable. They were quite accommodating in showing us what to visit in Florence. We felt as if we were staying in someone's home! Great stay!

• Stayed May 2012
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

I agree with all of the great reviews. I stayed at Hotel Cestelli in Fall 2006 (the site forced me to select 2011) but I have never forgotten my lovely experience; I revisited the page today as I am hoping to travel overseas in 2013. The co-owners are such a wonderful couple! I intend to re-visit Florence in 2013 and here is where I shall stay -- and this time I hope to stay longer at Hotel Cestelli. They were both so helpful to me, securing tickets for me to The Uffizi as one example. Alessio and Asumi have a real talent for running a nice small hotel. They make one feel so welcome too, a big plus. Thank you both!

Room Tip: I had a room with a shower only but one may request a room with a bathtub. The windows in the Hotel...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
Beachwood, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2012

I stayed at Hotel Cestelli for four nights during my goodbye tour of Europe after living in Germany for two years. This was my first trip to Florence, and this hotel was perfect!

When you walk in, you feel like you're a guest in a beautiful home! The owners -- Alessio and Asumi -- were so friendly, and Alessio took time to show me a map and offer great suggestions for dinner. A beautifully decorated foyer leads to the shared bathroom, which is what I had since I was a solo traveler in a single room. The solo room was spacious with a sink, comfy single bed and a huge armoire for clothes. The bathroom was also quite large and all tile with a large bathtub. Asumi always had candles lit and fresh rose petals. A nice touch!

There was also a little bookshelf in the foyer where you could borrow books during your stay. This was perfect for me, since I exhausted myself during the day by walking the city and just wanted to relax in my room at night. The hotel is located just one block off the river and Ponte Vecchio. Everything is really within walking distance of this hotel. There is no breakfast, but next door is a cute little vendor who has fresh meats, cheeses and fruits so you can grab something for your walk around town.

I would absolutely stay here again and plan on recommending this place to everyone I know who travels! Alessio was so nice to take time out of his days to have many conversations with me about Florence and about living in Europe in general. Overall, the two of them made me feel like I was a guest in a home, not a hotel!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Cestelli? Share your experiences!