“Hotel Bretagna” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Bretagna

You added Hotel Bretagna to your Saves list
Hotel Bretagna
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Lungarno Corsini, 6, 50123 Florence, Italy (Formerly "Pensione Bretagna")   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #84 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
uk
“Hotel Bretagna”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

My partner and I stayed in Hotel Bretagna in September 2012. We enjoyed our stay over 7 days and recommend this hotel in Florence.
We would particularly like to thank Martina and all the staff for their friendliness and local knowledge as this made our stay so memorable.
Our juniour suite had sweeping views of the Arno and my friends have commented on the sunset snaps from our window. Colours were amazing!
After a long day of walking around the city it was so restful to return to our room and spa...did I mention we could see Basilica Di Santo Spirito from our spa and listening to the bells was so beautiful! We really loved our first time in Florence and staying here was a great choice. Grazie Mille!

Room Tip: juniour suites all have view of the Arno magnificent!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Edinburgh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

This hotel was recommended to us by a friend and it was perfect, an easy walk from the railway station and great views over the Arno. The staff were so friendly and gave us a list of nearby restaurants, nothing was too much trouble.
There is a balcony just off reception and we would come back and sit outside with a glass of wine and watch the world go by. There was also a comfortable lounge with internet access.
The breakfast was amazing with a fantastic choice so no need for lunch. I would certainly stay in this hotel again.

Boston, MA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Hotel Bretagna is in the best possible location for your stay in Florence. The staff was helpful beyond the call of duty and the breakfast was excellent. My bed was HARD which caused some back pain, but this is better than too soft.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

This hotel will fulfill all your expectations at a reasonable price. The rooms are beautiful, the service is wonderful, the breakfast is elegant and it is right on the Arno one bridge away from Ponte Vecchio. My friends and I swooned over this lovely little gem. I can't wait to bring my husband back here.

Room Tip: The rooms with a view are for more than one person. So, come with a friend or a partner. My little s...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

This is the first time I have ever taken the time to write a review online. I am a frequent traveller that has seen much of the world and stayed in many hotels. I feel that it is necessary for me to recognize the excellence of this hotel. First of all the staff at this hotel go above and beyond to ensure that you enjoy your stay there. I am 25 years old and was traveling on my own this summer, the Staff especially (Martina) spent a lot of time planning my visit in Florence, as well as making great recommendations for my future travels in italy. I can honestly say that I was extremely shocked with how amazing they were. I work in the customer service industry and I look up to the way that the staff treated me at Hotel Bretagna. On top of the amazng staff the location is absolutely beautiful and the hotel is extremely clean. There is honestly nothing bad that I can say about it, except that you have to see it to believe it. Thank you so much to the Staff at Hotel Bretagna, especially Martina.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Nashville, Tennessee, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

Old, very tired hotel. Only positive is location. Front desk staff are very nice and friendly. However, the rooms are very spartan, basic, simple but at least clean. We were lucky to get a room over the Arno. No bell staff to get your luggage upstairs (lobby is on second floor with tiny 'lift' and no help with parking a car out front. Breakfast simple, basic and in a small plain room. There have got to be tons of better options. Really not worth saving the money for this very antiquated place.

Room Tip: Demand a view of the Arno; if not, look elsewhere. In fact, look elsewhere anyway
Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

We spent a week at the hotel; we found the staff excellent, very pleasant and ready to help.
Breakfast was buffet style, with plenty of choice, although the only warm food available was scrambled egg and frankfurter -type sausages.
Our room was good, but would benefit from having the facility to make your own tea / coffee. The location was excellent, very close to the Ponte Vecchia, and overlooking the river Arno.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Bretagna? Share your experiences!