“My stay at hotel victoria!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Victoria

You added Hotel Victoria to your Saves list
Hotel Victoria
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Via Nazionale 102/R | San Lorenzo, 50123 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #401 of 460 Hotels in Florence
Cork, Ireland
“My stay at hotel victoria!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2014

Great location, only 5 minutes from the train station.

Very central to all the City's amazing architecture!

Plenty restaurants nearby.

Helpful staff!

Clean, spacious rooms, can hear some noise from other rooms at times.

Breakfast option handy, but supermarkets nearby if want to purchase instead.

Room Tip: Room at the back is quiet.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I stayed here as part of a university trip and shared my room with two other girls. The rooms were adequate, clean and spacious. The toilets very much the same. The bathrooms functioned as you would expect, no surprises!!!
The breakfast was fine, typical European pastries and OJ ect.
The hotel location was very good, right round the corner from the square, with the markets and of course the Duomo. A little further takes you to a beautiful art museum and the River Arno. There are also a selection of pubs and restaurants outside the hotel.
I'm not 100% sure as to the price as this was arranged as a package under my tutor, however it can't have been to expensive.
This isn't the nicest hotel in Florence, but if you are going to Florence to spend time in your hotel, then frankly you should be going somewhere else. The main thing with this hotel is it's safe, secure, clean and in a great location, and for a city break, that's all you need!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Adelaide, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

We did not book this hotel but sent here from hotel basilica very disappointed we never got informed until we got there..hotel Victoria has clean and spacious rooms with good breakfast but the when it comes to the people who work there we were very disappointed... We were never smiled at or greeted friendly when we arrived so we felt unwelcome during our stay..Disappointing

• Stayed April 2014
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

I booked a room for two nights via booking.com. Upon arrival, i was told my room was cancelled due to my debit card's fault.

On the spot, i asked if i could use their wifi to check my bank account to see if the payment was rejected. The receptionist gave me the password but both my girlfriend and I couldn't access it. We told the receptionist about it and she raised her voice at us, assuring that i have not made payment and forced me to pay 135EUROS for the room (no breakfast). I knew she gave us the wrong password because she didn't want me to check the room rates online. Since she was rude to me, i walked out immediately to a nearby cafe to use their wifi. After getting online, i found out that they have reduced their rates to 101EUROS for 2 nights.

Even though it was the cheapest double bedroom in Florence, we settled for Hotel Azzi. 130EUROS for 1 double bed and 1 single bed plus breakfast. Receptionist was friendly, provided us with a map of Florence and explained to us the attractions nearby.

• Stayed September 2013
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Hotel Victoria is a hotel in desperate need of a facelift. Actually, that's probably too cosmetic... It needs a complete renovation. I had to book it as a last minute thing due to a change of plans, and it was heavily discounted due to the timing. I'm unsurprised the hotel still had vacancies.

I have to commend the staff who were extremely pleasant to deal with... But the decaying building really made for a fairly underwhelming experience. The location is great if you're in transit near the train station and its not far from the hustle and bustle... Otherwise I'd probably look elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights - as noted by others it is very centrally located within easy walking of both train station and centre of florence. However, it is in a slightly dingy part of town. On the plus side, there were plenty of cheap restaurants nearby, and a great little bar.

Hotel itself was clean, with decent sized rooms and bathrooms. Heating only comes m from 6pm, however one of the staff did turn it on early for us. The bed was very comfy and clean, but we only got 2 pillows (common, in our experience). Room did have a slight smell of old cigarette ash which would probably be fixed with new carpets.

Breakfast was petty terrible - only cornflakes for cereal, plus sweet croissants, bread rolls& jam selection, and fruit yogurt. Had to get coffee from an instant machine, even though there were 3 espresso machines that staff used to make coffee for themselves! Juice also from a machine - sickly sweet and not very nice.

Overall - ok if you're on a budget but needs some work.

Stayed February 2013
Vienna, Austria
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

There's nothing bad but also nothing extraordinary good to say about this place.

Plus:

- The location is incredible
- The rooms are very well temperatured

Minus:

- The bathrooms are very old
- I think 3 € taxes per day is a little rip off

The stafft was nice!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Victoria? Share your experiences!