“Amazing!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Late Night
New York, New York, United States
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I happened upon this sandwich shop while in Florence. While walking down the street looking for places to have lunch, we saw a couple coming out of this Dal Barone with sandwiches that looked sooo good. We decided to give it a try and we're not disappointed. I had a bacon with eggplant sandwich that was definitely one of the best sandwiches I ever had. I've been to some good sandwich places and I have to say the sandwich I had here is up there. The experience was great too as the service was very friendly and welcoming. Would definitely not miss a chance to come back here if I'm ever in Florence again.

Metz, France
“Very cute and delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

The store is only open for lunch. We read the reviews and had to go! The store is small, but is has very fresh meats. The staff is awesome and incredibly friendly! The sandwiches are a great value, and this place is just the perfect place for lunch! I would definitely love to go again.

Wrexham, United Kingdom
“Great sandwiches and serve yourself chianti...perfect!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Visited Dal Barone after seeing a trip advisor review and the food was deserving of the high rating...as was the service. The place is a small hole in the wall with a few simple tables. You order the sandwich at the bar...choose from the menu or simply ask the people who ok their to make you something...both the man and lady working there when we visited were great and gave really good service. The sandwiches we had were on crispy bread (focaccia) and filled with the freshest ingredients. To drink, there are a couple of bottles of local wine open and some small glasses. You help yourself and tell the owner what you're having. It's 1.50 E a glass. This is a great place for a quick and tasty lunch...well worth a visit.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seoul, South Korea
“Great Value and Great Service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

We found this hole in the wall through trip adviser not even knowing it was a sandwich store. The hamburger was advertised to be good and it was solid. I especially liked the bread. It was crunchy yet biteable. We also had the sausage with fennel. It was not as good as there was not enough meat. Maybe only 2/3 of the burger. Once again the bun was amazing though. I still the food full marks based on the burger. The service was Very friendly noticing we were hot immediately directed us to the back room and turned on the AC. Definitely worth a visit.

Baltimore
“Perfect panini”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

This was recommended to me by my b&b. sandwiches are to die for!!! Exactly what I had been looking for in Italy. Had lunch there every day. The people that work there are very nice

• Visited May 2013