“WONDERFUL” 5 of 5 stars

Viale dei Cadorna 69, 50129 Florence, Italy   |
Ranked #106 of 522 Florence B&B and Inns
“WONDERFUL”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The B&B "Il Mulo" is a very special place! Christine, the owner, is a smiling and easygoing girl. She is everytime ready to help you if you need advice to spend your vacation in Florence. The place is very clean, the breakfat is good and made of genuine products (Christine made also an ownmade bread!). The area where the B&B is located is very close to the downtown and the most important monuments (about 10 minutes walking) but also in a sinence and safe area where there is no noise (and this is for sure a very good thing if you want, after your "touristic stuff" have some rest!). What can I say more? Thank you Christine!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
makati
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Staying in "Il Mulo" is like staying in a dear friend's apartment. Christine is accommodating, helpful but never intrusive. She prepares daily breakfast usually consisting of home made bread, jam, cereals, fruits and cappucino/fruit juices. We stayed in a double room, it was clean, cozy and spacious. She only offers a shared bathroom for the 3 rooms but it was kept clean and she had shampoo, body wash, hairdryer and towels available. You just need to give yourself enough time to prepare in the morning esp if there are other guests who might be in the bathroom before you. There is no elevator but it's only 2 flights of stairs so we were able to manage. It's not in the city center but it's maybe a 7min bus ride to santa maria novella station. There are bus stops right at the corner of the b&b. christine gave us instructions on which buses to take, where major attractions were as soon as we got there. She has a cozy kitchen where we spent a few memorable meals together. One particular one was when she invited me and my husband to a dinner she was having that night with her friends at the b&b. We were supposed to have other dinner plans in the city but ended missing that one bec of riding the wrong bus. We found ourselves near the b&b and decided to take her up on the offer and we were so glad we did. It was a simple dinner of salad, cheese and olives, boulgur curry rice and red wine. It was a delicious home cooked meal shared with Christine and 3 of her wonderful friends. Although we came from different parts of the world and spoke different languages (Italian, Polish, German, Mexican, Filipino) we still managed to communicate and it was one of the most memorable nights we had in Florence. Grazie Christine!
Tip: to get to the b&b from the campo di marte station- you can take the train to prato(?) and get off the first stop (5min ride) which is statuto 01. saves you the trouble of lugging your luggage around to get a bus. But if you want to take the bus from campo di marte, you can go up the long flight of stairs and turn left, cross the street to get on bus20 that goes directly to statuto 01(30min ride). remember to always buy your bus tickets at a Tabachi (tobacco store or newstands etc) which costs €1.20 per ride and good for 90 mins. And check the direction the bus is going. You might get on the right number but wrong direction.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingston-upon-Hull, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

I meant to write this review many months ago and was prompted to by logging into my airbnb account and realising that I had never written one! Christine was a really friendly host and made me feel very welcome at "Il Mulo". The location is 'edge of centre' but very convenient for Santa Maria Novella station and only a short walk from all of the main sights. The room was comfortable and the breakfast fresh and tasty.

Tragically, on the night I was supposed to leave I managed to miss my train back to Milan and was left completely stranded! Christine very kindly arranged for me to stay an extra night, something which I cannot say thank you enough for.

Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Paris
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013

B&B Il Mulo is a lovely place to stay in Florence. Located at 20 min by foot from Piazza del Duomo, it is a residential district, quieter than the center of the city but near it.
There are 3 rooms, 2 double rooms on the courtyard side, 1 single room on the street side. I was staying in it. It is a little noisy but with my ear plugs I did not hear anything and slept like a baby. It has also the advantage to be in front of the bathroom. The latter is modern and very clean.
The kitchen is a very nice room to stay and for eating the lovely breakfast Christine prepares with excellent italian coffee and macchiato as well as bio products.
Christine is really nice and I enjoyed talking with her. I was feeling there like at home and I would be glad to come back.

Room Tip: If you are sensitive to noise, ask one of the two double rooms on the courtyard side.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

I stayed a total of 5 nights, and everything was great. I second all the other good reviews others have left. Room was comformable and roomy, the close proximity to the train station/tracks were surprisingly not a noise issue; excellent breakfast -- with a different kinds of freshly baked bread daily, fresh fruits, cereals, juices, and great coffee made to order by the owner, Christine. The 15 min walk to the main train station or city center is not too bad at all, and I always felt safe. I only used the bus on days of checkin/out due to my luggage, and the bus stops are just steps away.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Munich, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

I was lodged 9 days in Il Mulo and I wouldn't hesitate to come back if I go to Florece again. I was working during the week and I really enjoied relaxing and chating with Chrisitne and the other guests during the evening in the nice italian terrace. The breakfast was also very good and abundant. The atmosphera is very nice and it felt home. Christe was very charming and kind. She also made my life easier in the city. She knew the city and gave me good advices to enjoy the my free time. I definitely recomend the place if you want to feel home while your in a foreing land!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

We stayed a couple of nights in Il Mulo in Florence and were not disappointed by the reception and cleanness of this lovely B&B. The owner Christine was very nice and humble and did her upmost to make the guests feel comfortable and welcomed. The bathroom was very clean and so was the bedroom it felt like a nice hotel in there. You can buy juices or beers for a very good price and Christine would wake up very early in the morning to cook a lovely fresh bread for breakfast which is a nice touch! Overall we were very pleased with our stay and shall we set foot on Florence ever again (I hope we do it's a charming place) we will definitely stay at il Mulo again!

Again thank you Christine you're doing a great job!

Laurent, Angelica and Lucia

• Stayed June 2013

Been to B&B Il Mulo? Share your experiences!