“Great Food and Beer in a Cool Atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Brew Pub, Vegetarian, Vegan
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Locale di atmosfera che propone principalmente Cucina Vegetariana e di stagione con anche piatti Vegani e Birre Artigianali alla spina con rotazione settimanale per avere sempre scelte diverse!Musica Live almeno una volta a settimana ed eventi vari.WiFi gratuito e locale sempre aperto per pomeriggi con centrifughe e caffetteria
Hamburg, Germany
“Great Food and Beer in a Cool Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We were the only people in the restaurant when we arrived at around 730 one night. We were taken to a table next to a bookshelf with quite a few works of Shakespeare (in Italian of course). Our waiter handed us the menu which was all in Italian and he was happy to translate it for us. There were some vegetarian spins on classic Italian dishes, two veggie burgers, and some salads. I ordered the ceci burger which was essentially a chickpea based veggie burger with a side of roasted potatoes. My wife got a dish which was roasted onions (she thought it was also came with potatoes but apparently it didn't). We were asked what we liked to drink and since I noticed that they had 6 taps and quite a few bottles (several different boxes of Southern Tier [a favorite of mine] were stacked near the bar) I knew I had to get a beer (6 euro for a pint 3.50 for a half). They didn't have a beer list so he asked what I liked and told me he would bring me a couple of samples. I tried two different pale ales and selected one and my wife decided to have the other.

Our food showed up and it was really tasty. I'm not vegetarian but I do occasionally enjoy eating that way as a change of pace. My burger was hearty tasting and my roasted potatoes were very savory. My wife liked the roasted onions she got so much that we tried to figure out what they were glazed with (honey, balsamic, and red wine maybe) so we could try and make it at home. Both of the beers we had were really good and I was really impressed. I wish we could have stayed longer so I could have tried the imperial porter they had on tap.

The restaurant filled up as we were there and got pretty busy after a while. Our waiter appeared a bit overwhelmed but this often happens in European restaurants when they have just one server for the whole establishment. The only other person there was the chef and she did some serving too. My only complaint was that right after getting our food the chef started rearranging some tables right next to us for a very large party that would show up later. I don't know if they had just called and they wanted to get it done but not the best timing with the arrival of our food. The dining room is unique looking with different works of art many of which are from the same artist. I would definitely recommend this place if you want some vegetarian food (or just delicious food!) or are looking for craft beer.

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Grantham, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food, wonderful beers...wonderful find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

This was a lovely surprise - to find a restaurant that not only serves delicious Italian vegetarian food, but also specialist beers. The food was delicious with some wonderful choices, beautifully presented and the service was great. The atmosphere was relaxing, warm and friendly. We stayed for a couple of hours because we liked it so much, infact we found it hard to leave...which is another positive - the restaurant is open all day and evening. About 5 minutes walk from central station, this is one not to be missed, whether you are a veggie looking for a lovely meal or a beer lover after a good pint. This was a really special find!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
San Francisco
“Not as good as I expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013

I'm biased because I'm from San Francisco where we have the best vegetarian food in the world but there were some things that I can't overlook. Most importantly, our food had all been reheated in the microwave. It dried out the food and made my quiche taste like rubber. Also, they gave us dry bread with not butter or olive oil. Uneatable on it's own. Also they never gave us salt and pepper. My grilled potato side wasn't seasoned at and would have needed lots of salt and pepper to make it taste reasonable.

Nice atmosphere though and the staff was friendly.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New York City, New York
“Laid back and cosy vegetarian bistro + awesome artisan beers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

I have been here sooo many times.

They started off with a very low key approach. At first with really basic veggie dishes and boring stewed tofu.
Now Max, the owner, has invested in a young chef who is delivering really neat, clean and delicious proposals.
Most appreciated of all...the very "on-season- veggies raw and cooked that one can always find here. Yes, there is more to veggies then just carrots and zucchini:)

The place is a wooden floor environment with open kitchen and a tree-shaped bookshelf for the book-crossing!
It's also of the few places in town where is possible to eat fresh food from 11 a.m. till midnight.
Great atmosphere to hang out on your own or go with friends who might wanna eat as little as a smoothy or as much as a full on dinner.
On top of all these: daily home-baked muffins, cakes and breads; best home-brewd tap bar in Florence and the bill is very friendly!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
“Nice place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

Very nice place and even friendlier people. Food was great and they refused to bill us for something coz theybthought we did not like it when actually we were just too stuffed. Nice place for veg options and has a lot of novel options.