“Wow! Great surprise on Piazza Della Signoria” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Circus

Circus
Piazza della Signoria 32-33-34/r, 50122 Florence, Italy (Uffizi)
+39 05 5294553
Improve this listing
Ranked #702 of 2,031 Restaurants in Florence
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Pizza
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighborhood: Uffizi
Description: Circus is a restaurant that was created to offer its customers a complete service and in fact opens at 7.30 with classical italian breakfast or full continental breakfast. Thanks to our wood oven, we offer a wide choice of long leavened pizzas. We adwise you our restaurant menù with carefully studied italian platters and Chianina t-bone steaks.Don't forghet to ask the appetizers list with wide choice of original mojitos...the kitchen close al 12pm...
Santa Fe
“Wow! Great surprise on Piazza Della Signoria”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013 via mobile

Restaurants on well-known piazzas are not usually supposed to be good-- but this one bordered on great. Main dish was a treat, visually and verbally-- thin slices of tender beef topped with rucola (rocket salad) and shaved Parmesan cheese. Wine by the glass was spot on, service exceptional. As a breeze filled the outdoor restaurant, waiters passed out blankets. Incredible! Circus Ristorante is not to be missed in Florence.

• Visited June 2013

• Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Napa, California, United States
“Pasta, Pizza, Negroni”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

Pasta, Pizza, Negroni...All three were great. Service was very good, even as it started to get busy. We would go back.

Visited May 2013
New Kent, Virginia, USA
“Heartbroken !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

I can not even begin to explain how heartbroken I am that there is no more I Lorenzaccio ! When I saw that it had become Circus, I was stunned. My review is strictly for the old restaurant even though it is no longer there, and to explain the loss of a great establishment. I have traveled to Firenze three times and on every single trip I made there, I always ate at I Lorenzaccio. The friends and family I made with the people at that place and the memories I have in my heart of the wonderful times and the fabulous food will remain with me for the rest of my life. Lapo, Guiseppe, Giacomo..... they always took great care of me and when I got married and spent my honeymoon in Firenze, I could not wait to introduce my husband to the people there. We dined at this special place many times and have so many great things to say about I Lorenzaccio.... I will truly miss this place more than I can ever express and am so profoundly sad that it is gone. My trips to Firenze will never be the same. I wish Circus "buona fortuna", but nothing can ever replace I Lorenzaccio to me.

• Visited July 2012
“Beyond Incredible!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

My husband and I were in Florence for the night and stumbled upon Circus and we were thrilled with our experience from start to finish. We were greeted by an incredibly kind, welcoming man that showed us to our table outside, made sure we were comfortable and told us we were getting the best waiter in all of Italy. :-) Stefano was in fact an excellent waiter. We started with prosciutto, mozzarella and fried pizza dough which was divine. The wine list was fantastic and reasonably priced and we were able to get a Chianti Classico from a winery our friend got married at the night before. My husband had steak and just about licked the plate. I had a pasta with Roma tomatoes and black olives with olive oil that was some of the best we had on our trip to Italy (fresh, homemade, light). The atmosphere was easily one of our favorites with a view of the piazza and again the staff was incredible. If we ever get back to Florence we will certainly return!

• Visited June 2013
Sion, Switzerland
“Coffee to die for”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2013

We needed a pit stop in Florence.
It was drizzling and we were damp. The outside tables were all empty, and it was about 11am.
The waiter made us feel very welcome, helped us with our wet things, and went in for our cappaccinos.
We used the facilities which we thought rated 4* on their own.
The cappaccino was probably the best we have ever ever tasted.
It was empowered with superb taste; it wafted coffee aroma about it, and it was topped with the most amazing layer of froth/cream/chocolate concoction we have ever been offered.
I normally hate chocolate on coffee, but was not there to ask for it to be omitted.
This was something else.
Go, and enjoy a rare find.

• Visited May 2013