“Secrete getaway in florence...” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Bar
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Description: The Bitter Bar is a unique bar, located in the center of Florence, a few steps from Piazza della Signoria. It is located inside the Borghese Palace Art Hotel, famous for its statues and art exhibitions. The best cocktails in the city cared for by the two owners / bartenders Gerardo Callipo and Cristian Guitti. The Bitter Bar has many theme nights: live music, Japanese aperitif, vegetarian aperitif.
Chicago, Illinois
“Secrete getaway in florence...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

Discovered this place the 2nd week while studying in Italy and continued grabbing cocktails 6 months later. Gerry and Chris are masters in the art of cocktail making, creating beverages I would have never thought of hello bologna mixed in a drink, and honestly its fantastic! While fantastic drinks aren't enough they also have created a luxurious yet humble vibe where one can sit and take a load off from the very populated touristic city. Love them to piece and will never forget them.

Ciao ciao

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Odessa, Florida
“Best Bartending in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

After spending six weeks traveling throughout Florence, Bitter Bar is definitely the best bar I found. It is connected to a hotel, but the bar is perfect for a drink and relaxing. The drinks were different than anything else I found. The bartenders were the best part, though! If for nothing else, the two men who work there were hilarious! They made me laugh all night and made my last night in Florence one of the most memorable. The decor is unique and vintage. The two men are charming, funny, and really outgoing. I wish I ventured to this bar sooner in my trip, just so I could have visited them more often. They helped me practice my Italian and both were helpful in letting me know where in Italy and Florence I should be sure I travel to while I was there! Next time I'm in Florence, I want to visit Bitter Bar my first night!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Everywhere.
“"Forget about the menu, we make you something special"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2013

I've never been to a bar where the bartender(s) really takes the time and energy to completely personalize a drink for you. I was first attracted by Bitter Bar because of the interior design that caught my eye passing by The Borghese Palace Art Hotel. After going in to check out the place, I immediately fell in love...it's as if I was teleported to a different decade where men still wore suspenders and you could use an old-fashioned telephone. They also hold a different theme for happy hour each evening including food ("like" Bitter Bar on Facebook to stay updated). The menu is so creative and makes you wonder...what does this drink taste like?! But the best part of it all is actually watching Gerardo and Cristian (Owners/bartenders) make the drink. I've never seen anything like it! Not only is the drink creative, whether it's on the menu or made specially for you, but also the way it is presented to you. It was very entertaining and with these guys' great personalities...it made it somewhat difficult to leave. For anyone going to Florence...you must stop by Bitter Bar and try one of their signature drinks. I was in Florence for six weeks and I wish I knew about Bitter Bar earlier on! It was the definitely one of my favorite experiences during my time in Florence. And i'm very glad I met Cristian and Gerry, they are very friendly and give great pointers on where to go and what to do while in Florence. I admire their creativity (especially how they dress and how they've designed the bar)...it makes you feel like you're actually sitting there having a drink with them. Wonderful people. Great atmosphere. Incredible bar.

Boca Grande, Florida
“Most Unique Bar in Florence”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

Bitter Bar was most definitely one of my favorite parts of Florence! I HIGHLY recommend stopping by to anyone who is passing through. Their drinks are super original and incredibly DELICIOUS! Gerry and Cris, the bartenders, are wonderful and really care about the drinks they make for you. The environment is delightful! Located inside a hotel gives you a more intimate feel but they still know how to have fun. Look into their aperitivo as well, they put a fun twist on this Italian tradition.
You should probably get any drink with arugula (rucola/ rocket salad it's all the same) in it because it is so refreshingly delicious!

• Visited January 2013
Florence, Italy
“Two rare diamonds at work”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

If you're looking for something fancy, classy and original at the same time, you better swing by this place where two vintage-dressed barmen, Cris & Gerry, will charm you with their sense of beauty and satisfy each caprice you got.
They'll fascinate you playing with your taste buds, they'll amaze you with the details, the style, the ambiance, the music, the furniture.
Sometimes it gets really crowded, especially during special events, but if you're lucky enough to meet the guys you'll never want to leave their counter again; you'll find them young, always joyful and passionate for what they do so give yourself the chance to enjoy a real gem in the heart of Florence!